Sign in to follow this  

How can I get rid of my spare tire?

What’s the best way to loose the typical male beer belly? :applause: I am in great shape everywhere else; I could just loose a few pounds in the middle. Sit-ups, walking, jogging, running?

Your beer belly is made up of fat. The only way to get rid of fat is to reduce your calorie intake and increase your calorie expenditure. Put down the potato chips, lace up your running shoes, and hit the road. Until you burn off the fat, sit-ups won't do anything that you will see.

Eating right and running is best and its good to do sit ups just to help a little. My dads personal trainer told him to do situps and leg raises 3 sets of as many you can do.

I tried to get rid of the "Dunlap's Disease" a few years ago, did crunches, leg raises, etc. until I was sick of it to no avail. I did the Atkins diet for 3 months, lost 20# and amazingly enough, the flab roll was practically gone. I think however, that short of lipo, it will not completely disappear. Maybe I should have given up the beer...........Nahh!

Just go out and run your butt off, sit ups will not do anything except build up your abdominals and as they already said just watch what you eat. The best way to go is to limit eating foods out of packages and cut off your fried food intake.

Hit up an Atkins or South Beach type diet and do the running shoe deal and that beer belly will be gone in three months.

The first time I did the Atkins diet I only wanted to loose about 10 pounds. I got the book, read it, understood the principal and realigned my diet. The book tells you to not step on the scale for like three months or something (cant remeber exactly) 22 pounds later... I was a fatty

What’s the best way to loose the typical male beer belly? :applause: I am in great shape everywhere else; I could just loose a few pounds in the middle. Sit-ups, walking, jogging, running?

Simple solution to problem. Excercise more, eat Less!:applause:

I have done the Atkins diet a few times. I bounce between 180 and 200 all the time. I am at 200 right now and would like to get back down to 180. The Atkins diet has worked extremely well in the past but once I’m down to 180 I slowly creep back up.

To all the people that said just eat less; I don’t over eat at all. I’m not saying I’m perfect but I am pretty good at watching what I eat. I do not have an active job so that’s why I was asking what exercise would be the best. Thanks for all the responses so far.

Exercise is the key. Lifting weights 3 times a week, running/biking/elliptical 3 -7 times a week. Eat healthy and watch your calories.

Keep a caloie log and see what you actually consume per day. If you eat fast food at all, plan on going into shock on how many calories, how much fat, and how bad the food really is for you.

I have done the Atkins diet a few times. I bounce between 180 and 200 all the time. I am at 200 right now and would like to get back down to 180. The Atkins diet has worked extremely well in the past but once I’m down to 180 I slowly creep back up.

To all the people that said just eat less; I don’t over eat at all. I’m not saying I’m perfect but I am pretty good at watching what I eat. I do not have an active job so that’s why I was asking what exercise would be the best. Thanks for all the responses so far.

If youre not over eating its what youre eating. Go back and read the maintenence portion of the Atikins book again. I do the same thing, but its all about youre blood sugar. It takes seven grams of water to process one gram of carbohydrate. Its obvious you dont metabolize carbs as quickly or effectively as you should or could, so youve just got to limit those. Believe me, I know how hard it is. And it takes a little experimentation too. Count the carbs after reaching your desired wieght and log what your wieght does. Pretty soon you'll figure out exactly how many carbs you can get away with given your activity level.