Sign in to follow this  

Question about bogg.

I know someone posted it already but I'm not relly wanting too look for it right now. Anyways, I just got my 07 250sxf, It's got a low end bog when in netural. Just wondering what to do to fix it. Change jet? or Ac. pump.?

By the way I love it. I know I said I liked the 06 better but once I set it up for me, it felt way better.

I know someone posted it already but I'm not relly wanting too look for it right now. Anyways, I just got my 07 250sxf, It's got a low end bog when in netural. Just wondering what to do to fix it. Change jet? or Ac. pump.?

By the way I love it. I know I said I liked the 06 better but once I set it up for me, it felt way better.

get the JD jet kit for your bike and install per instructions, it will take of the bog. Mine has no bog and cranks easy anytime. It will also give it a little more punch.

Note, these bikes seem to like about 3 quick throttle twists before cold starting, not while starting.

Bog in neutral??? you need to explain, its just idling and dies? That is fuel delivery.

If you whacking at the throttle in neutral you need to put it in gear and get it off the stand! To burn the fuel of the accelerator pumps squirt he engine needs to be a full opporating temp and under load!

If tuned perfectly on the stand then would have insufficent fuel under load. Or it can be tuned to perform under load. Stock SFX jetting is near perfect, the accelerator pump may be set just a bit to agressive (trys to flood the engine).

Sorry for the confusing. When I said I set it up for me. I jsut changed the bar's and levers. Haven't got in to the supsension guy yet. when I wack the throttle it boggs. Had it happen on my 06 but I sent my carb. to munn and they fixed it. I don't really have the money to do that. so I was just wondering if it was a jetting rpob. or if it's a AC pump timming prob.

Sorry for the confusing. When I said I set it up for me. I jsut changed the bar's and levers. Haven't got in to the supsension guy yet. when I wack the throttle it boggs. Had it happen on my 06 but I sent my carb. to munn and they fixed it. I don't really have the money to do that. so I was just wondering if it was a jetting rpob. or if it's a AC pump timming prob.

yea its ur AC...must be too rich, get some bigger leak jets..this will increase the amount of fuel squirt to go back into the float bowl and not into the carb...yea try and see if its different when u wak it in neutral and when u wack the throttle while in gear..

Ahhhh ......I did everything mentioned above and after having Munn go through the bike, the problem went away.

If you already know how to fix it, why not ship it off during the work week for them to set it up for you again?????

I am glad that I got the education from doing my own jetting, but I do not regreat paying for Munn to make it perfect.

I would ring the guy and double check the price before going through the hell of trial an error.

it's in the accelaerator pump - take the cover off... flick the throttle and watch the action of the parts in there - you'll see a part rotate with the throttle, and then a 2nd part follow it after a very slight delay. It's this delay that is causing the bog. Get a piece of wire and wrap those two parts together so that there is no delay. Some people use o-rings - I've only done it with wire.

Instant cure of the bog.

btw: I learned that trick from Munn Racing.

If there's a delay from stock parts, why doesn't ktm just change it? Those parts must have some purpose

If there's a delay from stock parts, why doesn't ktm just change it? Those parts must have some purpose

Funny you ask - we were at a supermoto race and a KTM mechanic came by the trailer - saw our bikes, flicked one of throttles and said "you must know the trick". Yep... same "fix" that I just mentioned. Dunno why KTM has the "delay" there, dunno why they don't change it, but the trick works. Ask James Dean about it.

I'll see if I can get some pics of the fix. Works on 05, 06 4-strokes - haven't tried it on an 07 yet. No other change is needed (no jetting change, etc).

any 4 stroke with an AC pump has this issue, it's not KTM specific. Get the JD kit, it has the leak jet and O ring. Mine does NOT bog AT ALL.

Is doing the mod do the same thing as the JD kit? Get rid of the bog?

No, his kit is a complete jetting kit to get your bike correctly jetted. But it should also take care of the bog. As I said, mine has no bog whatsoever. He makes is easy to properly jet your bike. His needles are researched and tapered differently from stock.

"Just do it." You won't regret it. I consider it one of the first things I do to a 4 stroke.

I'm not sure why they ship them so lean. Are there any emisions requirments anywhere? I've heard the SXF's were not as bad as the XC/W's.

The bog is because it's too lean. The JD kit is the simplest solution. You get the o-rings, plus updated jetting and a #60 leak jet. You can us a HW store o-ring. The o-ring just gives it some flex compare to wiring.

If you go to the KTM big bike section there is a FAQ section, open it and read "Carb setup 101" and "AC Pump 101"

I just read those, wow, thank you. :applause: