Steering Stabilizer

Well I finally spent the money and bought a steering stabilizer. I went with the Billet Racing Products BRP triple clamp with the SUB mount for the Scotts steering stabilizer and then bought the Pro Comp Henry/Reed bend bars.

WOW, what a difference the stabilizer makes. It certainly helps the front wheel track better both on and off road. I will have a steering stabilizer on every bike I own from now on. Money well spent.

sounds awesome... got pics? i have been thinking about this but i have seen ones that required welding and stuff... or they did not look all that good...or effective down the road...

not to get too personal was that a pricey mod? how about a range? 400 to 500 or less or sadly more?

Jorge.

I wen't the cheap way and just bought some Jimmy Button bend renthals and the cross bar clears the stabilizer. I wanted to go the fat bar route but it ended up being out of my budget. The cool thing is all you have to do is get the mount for other bikes and you can switch the scotts unit in under 5 minutes. I have been really happy with mine also.

OT: Do these things ever need any maintenance??

For me it keeps the rear end from sliding all over the place. Thats what I really noticed anyway. Need more trail time with it. It is really not that complicated. Just decide adjust to how much tension you want. All the way one way and you cant turn the bars and all the way the other way you cant tell its there.

But you don't need to buy a sub mount? or are you commenting on someone elses comment?

Yes , I NEED to buy a submount ! I hated having the thing staring me in the face on my KTM.:applause:

I'm running bar risers on the stock T clamps, so a submount will allow me to keep a high bar set-up,ditch the cheesy risers,and not have to worry about slamming my body into the damper.

Not to mention it will look alot tricker.:applause:

If you don't need the sub-mount, there are a lot cheaper options out there. I just bought some Fastway F.I.T. handguards that have a mount built into them for a steering stabilizer (Scotts or GPR) -- it was only $30 more for this option. :applause:

hey Cat, the WER looks pretty cool and i came across a used one not long ago but it requierd welding to make it work...at least that older version did... do you have more details on your soultion? oh the CYCRA bark buster system is the BOMB man... really great stuff...

Slightly off subject but here was my solution to the ProTaper cross bar... which of course was positioned exactly where the mounting brakcet needed to be for the bark buster...

here's a pic cause i have some...

130752488-L.jpg

i had to stand the thing off a bit but now it works just fine...

130752536-L.jpg

and the last one... here is the bugger that caused the problem...

130752581-L.jpg