excel rims vs. pro wheel

never tried either, but have hear that prowheels are weaker, but will sometimes back up their product. I also heard excels are a lot stronger, but if you bend one, then forget getting a free replacement.

Excels = Stronger, more expensive.

Pro Wheel = Weaker than Excels, but still, they aren't going to go mess up just riding/racing with them. Cheaper than excels.

Also if you buy excels you have to use their spokes. stock ones dont fit. but pro wheel rims can use the stock spokes.

Also if you buy excels you have to use their spokes. stock ones dont fit. but pro wheel rims can use the stock spokes.

Thats only true for some of the excel stuff. I built a CR250 wheel last year using stock spokes and an excel rim.

Alot of times its not good to use stock spokes when your doing new wheels. You can if they aren't very old, But on bikes that were well ridden I would just buy a pack a new spokes + nipples.

Alot of times its not good to use stock spokes when your doing new wheels. You can if they aren't very sold, But on bikes that were well ridden I would just buy a pack a new spokes + nipples.

Ditto. If i were you, id get a set of buchanan oversized spokes... theyre cheaper and stronger than excels

Maybe that's why Excel's are stronger?

Excels were the first mod I did to my bike before it left the dealer. They have held up incredibly for 2 1/2 years through the garbage that the glaciers left. Someones got to call Long Island and get our top soil back.:applause:

ust buy the excels for the little extra money they are it is deffinantly worth it.

pro wheels might be a little stronger than stock but arent good at all.

in my expirience, stock ones hold up better than pro wheels, but i had a good sponsorship with them until last year so i would just replace them every few months. you'll be glad you went with excell and avoided all the hassel if you do

Does the anodizing on the excels last longer than the pro wheels?

I have pro wheels and they do bend easy. been there done that. However I notice that their rear seems to lose its color quickly. And yes I know that the rears do go quick but this is very quick. Just curious if excels last longer in the looks department.

i have a back excel rim with heavy duty spokes on order(stock CRF spokes&nipples are garbage!)..... and i have a front excel rim on order........when i get them on and see how they hold up, i will give you my input on them

ive ran pro wheels and excels. Neither of them had problems. Excel uses 7000 series aluminum where pro wheels uses 6000 series. Pro wheels will tend to bend a little easier but the aluminum isnt as brittle as the excels. They are both stronger than stock. Either way you will be satisfied. Just make sure you keep your spokes tight and you wont have problems with either. I've seen my buddies crack excels where as the prowheels will just get a small flat spot.