Sign in to follow this  

5th gear on pavement for 15+ miles, and....

...nothing happened. No, not wide open, but humming a bit.

That’s exactly what’s supposed to happen, nothing. Did you expect it to blow up?

That’s exactly what’s supposed to happen, nothing. Did you expect it to blow up?

I expected huge shards of trans-shrapnel exploding from the cases, pieces glowing and smoking and flying out in all directions.

I expected huge shards of trans-shrapnel exploding from the cases, pieces glowing and smoking and flying out in all directions.

You Honda guys dont expect to much from your bikes do ya?:applause: :applause:

I'd hope not, I have run that far in 5th, but Im runnin max 85wt. Trans sounds good too..

I just fill my trans to the top, whatever it doesnt need blows out the vent tube all over the frame and motor, it keeps it looking new and shiny!

Man I just bought an 05 with 5 1 hour rides, I plan on selling my 2005 250x ASAP. Ignorgance is bliss!

DD and i ran down a rode about 5 or so miles pinned Last weekend and we got the same results.

A friend of mine has an R and does no real flat land riding always in the dirt on rough terrain. I explained to him about the full quart in the tranny he scoffed at the idea. Two weeks ago his bike locked up in 5th WFO he wadded up and had to catch a ride from air mercy5. 16 hours unconcious in the hospital.

A FULL PINT OF WHAT, IN THE WHAT NOW? NO ONE TOLD ME....

No, Krannie was running 300cc's of some super duper "NASCAR" :applause: esoteric oil .

Plus, he's had his bike quite a long time and had never heard of this extra transmission oil business. :applause:

Just kidding, but we've sure had our share of "victims".

I'm sure he didn't have a team of litigators standing by for a class action lawsuit,either.

Nice post Krannie. Doug

I have run the L.A. to Barstow to Vegas and never had any problems with my Gearbox.

Golden Spectra 10/40 full synthetic 900cc

thats some miles there. i plan to the same once i upgrade to the 450X