Sign in to follow this  

Pipe shootout

Has anybody tried different pipes on a 05,06 or 07 KX 250?

I ride +40 MX and I want to put a pipe on my 05,but I want it to help

it not just look trick

Pro Circuit works or the platinum 2?

FMF fatty or Gnarly?

Thanks

The stock pipe that comes on an 05 KX250 is a really good pipe. The only other pipe I would use on the 05 would be the PC Works pipe as it really responds to the mid and upper rpms in a good way. Oh, and that was the pipe that Bubba used in 05!

Has anybody tried different pipes on a 05,06 or 07 KX 250?

I ride +40 MX and I want to put a pipe on my 05,but I want it to help

it not just look trick

Pro Circuit works or the platinum 2?

FMF fatty or Gnarly?

Thanks

Do a search on here. From what I have read, the Fatty is better for low end and Pro Circuit for more top end. I still have the stocker on mine, but it's getting pretty worn. Have not heard of anyone trying the platinum2 yet.

I have an 05 and put a PC works on mine. Noticed nice gains in mid range. I am disappointed with the finish on the pipe. You have to oil it with a little wd40 after you wash it or it rusts.

I have the Pro Circuit Works pipe and shorty silencer. It sounds awsome an the bike is super crisp. Not sure how much the pipe has to do with the performance, but it sure does sound sharp!

The Fatty is suppose to offer hp through out the powerband, but..thre Gnarly offers better bottom end power. I have the Fatty, with the Turbincore silencer, and w/o the fww, it didn't pull that well from the lowerend, but from about (I'm just guessing) 4krpm, it pulls fairly strong.

Do a search on here. From what I have read, the Fatty is better for low end and Pro Circuit for more top end. I still have the stocker on mine, but it's getting pretty worn. Have not heard of anyone trying the platinum2 yet.

I've got a Pro Circuit Works and the 304 Factory Sound silencer and it pulls hard from the bottom and mid is very strong. My only complaint is it seems to fall a bit flat on the overrev.

Enduro4321,Is that the shorty silencer?

Right now I have the shorty PC with the stock pipe

Did you change any jets with that set up?

Thanks

No I don't have the shorty silencer, it's the longer model. I didn't rejet the bike myself, but I know that it was rejetted when the previous owner added the pipe and boyesen power reeds. I had ridden it stock previously and there was a vast improvement but i still feel as if it falls flat in the upper RPM range.

Enduro4321,Is that the shorty silencer?

Right now I have the shorty PC with the stock pipe

Did you change any jets with that set up?

Thanks

It looks like Enduro4321 has a 1999 KX250. Trying to compare it's motor to an 05 and up is really like comparing apples to oranges.