Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar Width on TTR125?? Cut or not?

Just bought my wife a TTR125 ..... going to be picking it up in 2 weeks.

Quick question ... what is the handlebar width??? I am going to be putting a set of Acerbis hand guards on, BUT my wife has VERY SHORT arms, so I may want to trim them by 0.5" before having the shop install them (and picking up the bike of course).

Anybody else with short arms cut their handlebars down??? Thoughts??

She is coming from a DH mountain biking background, and we always cut 0.5" off each side of her bars for this sport. Is Dirtbiking similar??

I agree. I would have cut them down to 30 inches but I needed a little extra width to properly fit the hanguards, levers, etc. I've cut my bars to 30 inches since I started riding in the mid seventies but couldn't do it this time. Not enough room on the mini bars.

Bar width is really just personal preferance. One thing to keep in mind is that women generally have less upper body strength than men so the wider the bars the more leverage she will have and the easier it will be to ride.

So what is the "stock" width??

Remember I don't have the bike yet, but need to call the dealer to instruct them of how much to chop off. Since they will be installing handguards, I should have this all done at the same time.

Thanks