Sign in to follow this  

Looking for NJ suspension shop

I want to lower my suspension by getting spacers installed in both the front and rear and was looking to see if anyone can recommend a shop in NJ. Is this something that can be handled by my local Yamaha dealer or should I send it to a specialized suspension shop? Plus does anyone know how much it will cost? I know it will increase my preload setting but I think this will be okay for me as I weight 200 pounds with out gear and I plan on riding a mixture of mx track and trail.

Technically you are correct but your answer is incomplete. So what do you have against girls and midgets?

So are you also balling Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, and McGrath in this girly midget group?

I want to lower my suspension by getting spacers installed in both the front and rear and was looking to see if anyone can recommend a shop in NJ. Is this something that can be handled by my local Yamaha dealer or should I send it to a specialized suspension shop? Plus does anyone know how much it will cost? I know it will increase my preload setting but I think this will be okay for me as I weight 200 pounds with out gear and I plan on riding a mixture of mx track and trail.

Kessler Pro Suspension in Farmingdale NJ. Micky is the best and his prices are always reasonable.

Kessler Pro Suspension in Farmingdale NJ. Micky is the best and his prices are always reasonable.

here is his #

KESSLER PRO SUSPENSION (732) 974-0985 FAX-(732) 974-1899 4124 Atlantic Ave. Farmingdale NJ 07727

The

Technically you are correct but your answer is incomplete. So what do you have against girls and midgets?

So are you also balling Carmichael, Stewart, Villopoto, and McGrath in this girly midget group?

The above mentioned fidgets didn't lower their bikes. They learned to ride them.

For alot of reasons it isn't a good idea to lower a bike.

you might consider cutting your seat instead. I had an upholstery shop in blairstown do mine for $30 and I love it.

The

The above mentioned fidgets didn't lower their bikes. They learned to ride them.

For alot of reasons it isn't a good idea to lower a bike.

im pretty sure their are many articles and pictures of carmichaels shaved seat and cut subframe. im also pretty sure that lowers the bike. :applause:

go to joel at jmd pro porting,He used to race pro ama, but he's retired now

jmdproporting.com

tell him Mike Olivier sent you, he should hook you up or put you on racer discount. He's an extremely freindly guy and if you dont like the work he does he says that he will put it back to how it was with all your money back. (knock on wood, as he said to me). just give him his time and he will hook you up.

please just give him a call (732) 269-6590 and say mike olivier sent you. hes a really down to earth guy that just likes to see the sport grow. he loves riding with the kids, giving them tips where they need it. He'll help you out with what ever you need.

Mike Olivier

when I had my KTM done, it was done by Rossini Racing Products.

Stewartsville, NJ 908-454-8730. tell them nascar nick sent you

rc's bikes are lowered but not through suspension..he may use differnt linkage pieces and cut sub frames / seats..i doubt they actually cut the shock length down. they might but they still leave enough for adequote travel

beezer aint retarded, hes right

id call up micky and ask him..or jim @ propilot suspension

www.propilotsuspension.com

Another vote for RRP in Stewartsville. 908 454 8800

And Beezer ain't retarded, his momma just said he's special..

Not to complicate things and everyone mentioned above does excellent work, but consider them for what they do:

If you’re running motocross:

Kessler Pro Suspension

Pro Pilot Suspension

Rossini Racing Products

Trapani’s http://www.trapaniracing.com

If you are running woods or cross country:

Pro Pilot: http://www.propilotsuspension.com

Works Enduro Riders (WER): http://www.werproducts.net/

Enduro Experts: 1.609.294.8703

Trapani’s http://www.trapaniracing.com

All of these guys have great experience and I also know Pro Pilot also does suspension lowering.

Wow, you guys are great! I really appreciate all the help. I am definitely going to contact all of them and see who fits my needs the best.

Oh btw, I am definitely going to shave my seat down first. I definitely recall reading in TWMX that RC has his seat shaved, subframe cut, and his suspension tweaked(it did not mention if it was by spacers, lowering link, dropping forks in triples) to accomodate his size. The commentators on SPEED tv also mentioned that Stewart, Villopoto, and a bunch of other pros also do similar things. But hey you all can believe what you want to about this and I will do what is right for me.

Once again thanks to everyone that helped me.

I'm mentally challenged for sure...........

but I still don't see why a 200 pound man can't handle a normal sized bike.

Lowering a bike screws up the suspension on a bike and none of these "suspension experts" can do anything about it.

I understand that my bike will get away from me once in a while in tight situations but I just pick the thing up and move on it.

I would rather work on my balance than hand one of these shim-shufflers 800 bucks.

Beezer, you definitely have good points. I was actually hoping to kill two birds with one stone because I had read that installing spacers does three things. One, it lowers the bike. Two, it reduces suspension travel. Three, it stiffens up the suspension by increasing preload. Since my bike has the stock springs and is a WR it has softer springs and is set for a 170 pound person. I figure the increased preload will actually help me deal with the mushy suspension a bit without me buying new springs and while getting the benefit of a lower bike. I don't want to get any other work done such as revalving which would increase the price upto $800 and up. Believe me I am very cheap. I will not spend more than $100.

Lowering my suspension is not a must have but I think it would be a nice to have but stiffening my suspension is almost a must have because it helps with jumps and I prefer a stiffer suspension. But like I said if it is going to cost too much then I will just deal with it.

Also many of the super moto guys use spacers so I figure it can't be that bad.