Sign in to follow this  

The Need for Speed

My 2006 - stock - is getting ready for ride # 3 , Injury (Lawn dart in 4th gear tapped on rock hard adobe...) :applause: forced a 2 month rest period. This puppy is stock with only 38 miles, but I plan on doing the following:

Top air box mod

JD power Jet Kit

Twin Air Filter

756 Front tire

I'm only asking for good low to mid transition as the mid to top in stock is fine for me. I want to to make the "blubber" eliminated from the low end while keeping her reasonably quiet. I would also like to have it idle as well...

Right now, I just warmed her up and I have the battery on a tender. The weather here (Northern Cal) calls for possible rain with traction in Hollister to be decent. I plan on getting an early start and letting her get on the gas...

I've had this bike since October, and I'm - finally - ready to get her on the gas. Traction good, injury fixed, and stock configuration ready to be opened up. I cannot tell you how much I am ready to let this thing go. I've read these forums for months now, and I think I have the right configuration for me.

Any feedback for my Nor Cal conditions would be great as I'm ready to make the mods to make this bike run like it should... I feel the need for speed!!! :applause:

Cheers,

Mike

BTW, I did change the trans and engine oil. The trans I put 1 Qtr of Honda Trans and the engine I put the 700 cc of the HP 4... Everything is fresh and the tires are set at 15 psi...

My 2006 - stock - is getting ready for ride # 3 , Injury (Lawn dart in 4th gear tapped on rock hard adobe...) :applause: forced a 2 month rest period. This puppy is stock with only 38 miles, but I plan on doing the following:

Top air box mod

JD power Jet Kit

Twin Air Filter

756 Front tire

I'm only asking for good low to mid transition as the mid to top in stock is fine for me. I want to to make the "blubber" eliminated from the low end while keeping her reasonably quiet. I would also like to have it idle as well...

Right now, I just warmed her up and I have the battery on a tender. The weather here (Northern Cal) calls for possible rain with traction in Hollister to be decent. I plan on getting an early start and letting her get on the gas...

I've had this bike since October, and I'm - finally - ready to get her on the gas. Traction good, injury fixed, and stock configuration ready to be opened up. I cannot tell you how much I am ready to let this thing go. I've read these forums for months now, and I think I have the right configuration for me.

Any feedback for my Nor Cal conditions would be great as I'm ready to make the mods to make this bike run like it should... I feel the need for speed!!! :applause:

Cheers,

Mike

The Dr D full Stainless system exhaust did it for me.