Sign in to follow this  

Supercross bubba's stoppie.San Diego SX

:lol:

Hey me and the family went to SD SX,who else seen Bubba munch it doing a stoppie before the start of the races?I know this has to be a repeat but I couldn't find it.And his munch at the finish line jump?

But what I really have to say is Bubba, Reed,Ferry, were all very pleasant in the pits as far as taking pictures and smilling and signing more than one autograph.I know this is a hard thing to do with winning on your mind,practice and having to deal with the public.

Ryan Villapoto needs to work on his PR skills a bit.What I think About the kid Doesn't really matter,but he can't even look at you when his signing autographs or acknowledge your even there.:applause: Before I meant the kid I liked him and my kids looked up to him but that is different now in my kids eyes.Thats OK,they'll find another hero.:applause:

I went there and had Plaza seats kind of in the cornerin front of the whoops section and that triple and stewrts "stoppie" was like right in front of me :p. I tell you man i havent laughed so hard in a while, because it was just so hilarious and i bet so embarissng for him :p and in the indterview he all said something like "Oh i was so excited about San Diego and decied to tip it over for you guys :mad::lol::D so full of it. and in the press conference he said that that was the most embarissing moment in his entire life :eek::applause:

Anyways i agree Villopoto was signing aoutographs and looking down and talking to some guys about the phones no Hi no nothing :cry: . But its all good he is only 17 or 18 so he will learn how to deal with fans.

Reed looked really good and i was going for him and he won after Stewart mishifted on the finishline jump while trying to scrib it. It look painfull but he got right back up :applause::p

The coolest part is that i god MY THOR JERSEY SIGNED BY ROGER DeCOSTER :cry: , Andrew Short and Tommy Hahn, got to take a pic with Andrew Short and also got a poster signed by Ernesto Fonseca and i was standing like right on front of him and im telling you i felt so sad seeing him in that situation, but he was nice and smiling at everybody and signed my cousins Jersey :lol: I just hope he recovers more, because he looked very tired. I also saw Mitch Payton in the pits he was talking to Villopoto and made him go and do an autograph session :D Got there kinda late and didnt get to get Reeds autograph :D, but oh well i will probably go to Vegas SX.

It was a super fun night and i got a lot of cool stuff. Roger DeCoster is a very nice guy and he was walking around the pits too haha.

Oh yea anyone knows what happened to Grant Langston? why wasnt he racing?

No offense to your kids or you.. but who gives a :applause: if he didn't look at you.

His kids,most fans, maybe his sponsers.

No offense to your kids or you.. but who gives a :applause: if he didn't look at you.

Your missing the point kid,I don't blame you though,Your only 15 and your mom probably still has to tell you to say excuse me when you belch or cover your mouth when you sneeze to keep the bull$hit from coming out.:applause:

• Like 1

While I wouldn't go so far as dirtyriders comment, I do find it a bit weird that your kids feel the need to find a new hero because they weren't looked at? Sounds like a pretty selfish, the world revolves around me point of view. RV obviously will need to work on being more personable but he's still a teenager. When I'm around alot of people it drains me of energy. Fortunately I don't have to say hi and smile to 1000 people on my race days. I would be done for the day, forget the race.

I wasn't there and I am not trying to make excuses for rude behavior. My family met Ryan Villapoto at the Pole Position carting facility exactly 1 year ago this week. He was extremely nice and basically just an extremely shy kid. He was glad to have his picture taken with my kids but was a little embarassed by the attention. We've known for a long time now that he was going to be a big MX start, even from his amatuer days. It can all be a bit much for these youngsters dealing with instant fame.

He also was most likely focused on securing that championship before the 8 week break and had the blinders on. Don't give up on being his fan so easily. Great kid, great family.

I would have to agree that RV does not seem like a "people person", what i mean is and as said above, he just is probably a really reserved and shy kid. So he may not mean to be insulting but rather just very focused on racing and the shyness on top of that wouldn't help him much with his people skills. I suppose he will improve with age though, just give him some time.

While I wouldn't go so far as dirtyriders comment, I do find it a bit weird that your kids feel the need to find a new hero because they weren't looked at? Sounds like a pretty selfish, the world revolves around me point of view. RV obviously will need to work on being more personable but he's still a teenager. When I'm around alot of people it drains me of energy. Fortunately I don't have to say hi and smile to 1000 people on my race days. I would be done for the day, forget the race.

Yeah thats pretty much what I was thinking of.

Your missing the point kid,I don't blame you though,Your only 15 and your mom probably still has to tell you to say excuse me when you belch or cover your mouth when you sneeze to keep the bull$hit from coming out.:applause:

I live with my dad

Yeah thats pretty much what I was thinking of.

I live with my dad

It shows smart a??! I'm sure you like J-law and Hanson. People with no respect for people on the track as well.

Im sure little Vanilli needs to work on his personna and dealing with the public but to consider a young, home schooled, motorcycle racer as a 'hero' might be aiming a bit low.

im just sayin

Hey guess what? Racerx's "Ask Ping" article this week mentions the same issue you are talking about. Where riders don't seem to be too friendly etc. Someone asked that question and Ping responded. Read the last question at the end of the article for what Ping had to say. Here is the link below:

http://www.racerxill.com/articles/detail/1641/ask-ping.aspx

Villipoto is actually a real cool kid. You just gotta approach him in the right way. If you go up to him and say "Sign my jersey!" you won't get the same effect as "When's Tyler gonna be hitting up the big ranks?"

The kid is 17!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that he is still learning how to deal with the attention. He will get better with time. I bet there's a whole team of people talking in his ear all the time about that.

The kid just wants to race. Being famous probably wasn't part of his goals.

How can u say that? What the hell is wrong w/ my generation?:applause: