Sign in to follow this  

San Felipe and Green Stickers.....

So my XR650R has a green sticker. It's all good for me to ride on the streets in San Felipe correct? I know last year the streets were packed with bikes when the SCORE race was going on. I just don't want to get hastled for any reason. Should I carry my registration card with me? Any ideas? Riding down there looks BITCHEN!

Wear your helmet at all times and all should be fine. Obey traffic laws, i.e. traffic flow, speed, stop (alto) signs, no wheelies, that sort of American traffic thing. Always having bike registration and drivers license doesn't hurt. Be careful, have fun.:applause:

... last year, the stop sign on the police station street... just outside of El Cortez Hotel on the main drag (toward the dune).... was a big hit.

It cost me $122 (no stop, and speeding)... and many other guys (cars, trucks, bikes...etc) as while I was there paying I saw 3 other bikes come in to pay tickets. I was only there for a no-stop when a passenger got out of my car and said "this is BS... we... blah blah..." and WHAM, "speeding" added to my ticket.

Oh well.

Like Steny said... be sure to obey the laws as if you were in the states. You'll see many others NOT obeying and not getting caught. But in time... they will. Save the wheelies for the dune and give the locals a good run up "comp hill" :applause:

:applause:

Bring a stout chain (boat anchor type) and locks! Take no chances!

Very Good Very Good! I've got the XR stripped down to the frame right now.....can't wait to reassemble and head south! I'll play it cool down there.....not looking for any trouble, just a DAMN GOOD TIME! Thanks Guys.

Lock your bike everywhere like Cosmo suggests. Truck bed, outside taco stand, hotel/motel parking lot, EVERYWHERE. Then have fun!:applause: I bring a disc lock in my fender bag for emergencies.

I got a "ticket" for riding "up" the malecon with my buddy on the back of my XR400 in 05. Dumb move, but it only cost me $20. Be cool, not combative, and patient, and your mordida will likely be minimal.

just got back last night from 4 days in SF. Great weather and no hassles. Everybody has stated the dos and don't. Locking up your stuff is a must. I always have $20 bucks in my helmet and another one stashed in my camelback just incase.

That sounds good. Will be down this weekend helping run the free Baja Pits, pre runners pit stop. Stop by if out pre running or just want to vist and get some water. Steny:ride: :applause: