Sign in to follow this  

Hole Shot Devices?

How do they work exactly? i am thinkng of getting one, and was curious if they are a good investent?

can everyone useing them benefit from them?

is there any issues with them messing up anythng with the suspension after the start. like on a jump for instance?

also is there a specific brand that is better than others, is there a brand to stay away from?

thanks for any help

A hole shot device holds your front forks in the compressed position (Stink Bug) to keep your weight forward and the front end down during takeoff. It releases as soon as you hit the brakes. After they release, they're out of the way for the remainder of the moto.

And there is no way - that this can get in the way for the rest of the moto? its not going to cause anything to mess up with my suspension guaranteed?

is there a better brand to use?

it definantly sounds like something i could use, i'm 5'8 so having the bike lower to have some extra leveage over the front of the bike sounds good.

nope wont mess u up in any way shape or form.....I bought the pro circuit one and its pretty good thats the one most people buy...or they buy works connection but both are equally good. and no they arent for only dirt starts

Can someone confrim this:

i never paid close enough attention and ordered a Works Connection Holeshot Device for 2005-2006 RMZ-450.

i have a 2007, i am hoping that the website was not updated and will fit on the 07. i dont see a reason for it not to.

can anyone confrim this please?

'07 model does not have the same fork protector slider clamped to the forks as the '05~'06 so that could be the difference. I would contact WC to confirm if they are the same for all 3 year models.

Thanks for the tip.

i just got off the phone and the part will Not fit.the part number for the holeshot device that i will need is: 19-514

which kind of sucks because i ordered one from e-bay already - i have not sent payment though, so i will try to contact the seller.