Sign in to follow this  

My Yellow to Black Conversion is done.... **PICS**

Sorry for the crappy pics but I have FINALLY finished my DRZ Black conversion! I needed something to do as a project over the winter and this provided. When I picked up the bike a month ago it had 206 miles on it, it now has 215, not much riding to say the least...

I have done EVERYTHING to get this puppy ready mechnically; oil and filter change, flushed brake fluid, new plug, new gas,new battery, etc etc etc...

The body conversion consisted of an edge tail light assembly, clarke 3.9 tank, Acerbis cyclops front end, and completely new black acerbis plastic all the way around.

Now for the kicker, i'm seriously thinking about selling her. My mustang hobby needs the funds so what do you all think she is worth? Yes those are 215 original miles on an 02 400S fully street legal with title...

DRZConvert.jpg

Looks ok, nice job, but if you were going to sell it why.

It would be worth more unmodified and as standard, so if you sell

put it back to standard, and sell the parts separately.

Neil. :applause: :applause: :lol:

I agree with everyone else...why change her up if you are intending to sell? The thing about mods is that they are really for personal gratification...you have to sell each component outright to get your money back, they don't really bump the value of the bike.

I did not mod her to sell her. In fact my intentions were to ride this summer and have some fun. Unfortunately I need new 6 piston brakes to race my mustang this year. I would love to be able to ride but I cannot let it be the reason I am not racing. I am aware I will lose money on the deal but I had fun doing the mods....

I'll Give Ya $2500 For Her

I paid $3000 for the bike 3 weeks ago and have put in about another $700 in mods. I think my bottom line will be $3150..... Thats with me losing over $600 in less then a month.....

I paid $3000 and have put in about another $700 in mods. I think my bottom line will be $3150..... Thats with me losing over $600 in less then a month.....

That's not a bad price. Where is NightRider when you need him ?:applause:

Ive had several PM's about the bike already. Its located in northeastern ohio with a clear title ready to be picked up. First person that commits to my $3150 takes her home! :applause:

I didnt list this above but I also just put in a brand spanking new battery as well.....:applause: I will also include the factory service manual I had made....

Man the bike looks great, don't sell it...

work harder at your day job or get the money some other way...

this bike needs to be ridden by you in a big way... i too love to mod up the bikes but its a waste if all you were gonna do was sell it... keep it!

ride that thing thill the motor pukes and all that black is scraped back to yellow... Motorcycles are more fun for less money than any other motorized sport... sell the car... that thing will be a money pit for a long time and will never put the smile on yer face like the DRZ... there that's my .02...

Did i say it looks great?! :applause:

Tell us more about your Mustang! I've got a '89 hatch with a 4 valve Teksid block motor and IRS along with all the other requisite goodies.

She's a beauty Clark! Was the headlight a pretty straight forward bolt on or did you have to do any mods to make it fit? I want to do the same to my bike. Just need the black fenders and I want the headlight but was hessitant about getting one. Yours looks great.

Thanks for the comment guys! Trust me I would LOVE to keep her! But our tax refund was used to pay for her and that is the only extra funds we have right now and probably will be for a while. And in order to race where I want this year I simply have to sell her.

I have a 2003 Roush mustang that is blown by a 12 PSI Kenne Bell Twin Screw. She has been modified from the ground up and the very last thing she needs is brakes. I could only imagine hitting the track and experiencing brake fade and destroying the car and possibly myself. I just have to have these brakes, there's no getting around it....

That being said this is really one hell of a deal. When I say the bike has had ALL maintanance I mean it. I have a receipt for over $180 from the local Suzuki store for new fluids, filters, plugs, etc etc etc... And with only 215 miles, well you get the idea! I really hope she gets to go to a good home where she will actually be ridden.....

DRZConvert3.jpg

i may be interested in the yellow side panels & rear fender if you're selling.

if you are, pm me a price.

Sorry but all the original yellow plastic was sold to pay for the black conversion....

Sorry but all the original yellow plastic was sold to pay for the black conversion....

So in your case, Once you go black,you can't go back.:applause:

I drag raced mustangs for many years.

If you have to sell stuff to race (drag or road) you probably should quit while you are ahead. :applause:

My vote is keep the bike.