Sign in to follow this  

supermoto 125

I have decided to take the dual out of my dual sport ttr125. I am going to put 17" rims and street tires on some new hubs and keep my old wheels incase I want to convert back at some time. My question is, where can I get some 2.5 and 3.5 by 17" rims that arent $200 a peice? I dont want to buy a whole wheel set because I feel I can make them myself cheaper.

yea, thats what I was afraid of. I still hope I can find them cheaper somewhere though. Steal or aluminum, good quality, bad quality does not really matter to me since Im not planning on racing it.

As far as I know that's about it. Especially if you want those sizes. I'm in the middle of building them for myself. The rims have to drilled for the TTR hubs. I'm using Buchannan spokes too.

ok, so Im getting the rims from my dealer through Tucker Rocky. Now the question is, What size tire would you run on a 2.50 front rim and a 3.50 back rim? Im pretty sure I need a 120/70-17 for the front. And a 140/70-17 for the back maybe?

ok, so Im getting the rims from my dealer through Tucker Rocky. Now the question is, What size tire would you run on a 2.50 front rim and a 3.50 back rim? Im pretty sure I need a 120/70-17 for the front. And a 140/70-17 for the back maybe?

Most people will run a 95/70-17 front and a 120/70-17 rear.

I am doubtful that Tucker Rocky has any rims that are drilled correctly for the TTR hubs.

yea, thats what I was afraid of. I still hope I can find them cheaper somewhere though. Steal or aluminum, good quality, bad quality does not really matter to me since Im not planning on racing it.

Then put dot's on the stock rims. Avon venoms work very good. Bridgstone makes tires that will fit TTR125 stock wheels also.

If you are going to go the 17" route the best and cheapest is Procycle.

You can also get them thru Eastcoast wheels. That is if you don't mind waiting 3 months for your order. Last time I checked TuckerRocky and Parts unlimted only carry 32hole rims. TTR125 need 36 hole.