Mr Mike and the 300 kit-updates??

Hey Mr Mike- as the proud owner of the 300 kit (uninstalled) I was hoping to hear a detailed ride report. With three feet of snow and single digit temps here in the great white state it's gonna be a while before i get to try it out...so what's the buzz????

:applause:

Does this answer your question? https://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=22322 Just kidding. So you want to know how it runs? I just rode it last weekend and I can say that even with the extra 2 teeth on the front sprocket this kit is very noticeable. It pulls well from 4000rpm and really well from 6000. I was riding 1 gear higher since I didn't have to rev it out to make it go. This bike could use a wide ratio gearbox now without any drawback. Since I'm still breaking it in I never used more then half throttle and 8000rpm but it pulled very well in any gear.

So is it worth it? I had to do it but for the type of riding I was planning to do with this bike, desert, fireroads, short freeway runs to the trail it would have been worth it. I don't know about slow woods, tight single track type stuff, may not be worth it. But it sure will be fun if I keep it long enough to open her up after it's broken in. Do you really need this 300 Kit, NO. Do you need this kit, OH YEA!

Sharpie1 it's mostly about it not working for me. Next time I won't buy anything that doesn't fit me thats for sure. But I must admit that I would like to know what happened with the first piston. But I did ride it over the weekend and it runs great so that's just not a major reason for selling.

"If you came down on the price and I actually had money to buy it I would" Down on the Price? Try and replace this with an '07 for less than $8500 and if I didn't need the money to buy something else I wouldn't sell it.

Oh I am just a broke man right now, but a 300 for the woods would be really fun. Good luck selling it, I dont think your price is way out of the ball park but its a little steep for a used bike, I know its essentially new but its still a used 1 year old bike. I think you will get what you asking, just wait till the '07s are sold out. Seriously, if I had the money to own more bikes I'd have a TE300 in my garage.

It looks like I posted right before you did- odd...

Too bad about selling it. i wouldn't be that nice to the bike for 150 miles- I did the motoman break-in and it has always run great. Ah well, hope you find what you're looking for! the 300 will be perfect for our riding here- more low end boost (I hope) and still can rev outlike the stocker when the trail opens up.

Hope i get to play with mine next month:ride:

Euro I don't know how your going to keep the front end down in the lower gears. Even with 2 teeth up on my bike 1st gear is not necessary. I can start in 2nd with no problem and it pulls great. So with stock gearing I can't imagine how this 300 would pull in 1st. It seems like it would be tached out at 10mph. You'll be shifting into 2nd before you get the clutch 1/2 way out. I might have to try that if the bike doesn't sell. So what do you guys get at 12500 in 6th....65mph? 70?

Bottom line is your going to like it!

Euro I don't know how your going to keep the front end down in the lower gears. Even with 2 teeth up on my bike 1st gear is not necessary. I can start in 2nd with no problem and it pulls great. So with stock gearing I can't imagine how this 300 would pull in 1st. It seems like it would be tached out at 10mph. You'll be shifting into 2nd before you get the clutch 1/2 way out. I might have to try that if the bike doesn't sell. So what do you guys get at 12500 in 6th....65mph? 70?

Bottom line is your going to like it!

You have to imagine the tight, technical, steep and abrupt uphills that EuroFreak likes in his trail mix.:applause:

Norman

Norman I haven't ridden anything like that so it is hard to imagine that you need that low a gear. All my other bike are and have been big bore stuff so in really slow stuff I'd just lug it down to cralling speed and then it would just use the torque to pull me through. The 300 is more like what I'm used to, just not quite what I'm used to. I wonder if you can just change out the crank and rod to get back to a 450:applause: Just kidding :applause: