Sign in to follow this  

Helmet cam of Quarry trails in Wilmington nc

here is a vid of some friends riding the quarry trails in wilmington nc. the vid is a little low quality so i will work on that. we were with some pretty fast guys so i will post some faster vids in a day or two. check it out.:applause:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4245290033858808415&q=quarry+wilmington&hl=en

hope you like.

So this is a 'local spot', right? Looks like there are some nice trails in there. Did you make them or were they just made over many years of riding the area.

Looking forward to seeing the other vids you have. This really makes me want to get out and ride...trails look just like the local ones we ride. Nice and wet, too...just like any springtime trail in PA!

yeah you don't pay to ride there you just go. some guys have been working on the trails there for 20 years i bet. some of the better guys have gone out and made some technical single tracks and put up ribbons to keep you on the trail. it is an awesome place to ride!

yes if you ride the sand part of the quarry after a rain you have to be careful. what looks like solid ground sometimes is not. you can get "concreted" in

That looked fun, But what's w/ the comments about CONCRETED IN

concrete is a mixture of sand and water. if you get stuck riding the sandy or clay part of the quarry when it is wet you can get EXTREMELY stuck. it is almost like your bike is in concrete! there is a part to our quarry that is huge piles of sand and clay and a large flat clay area around them. after a rain there are parts that look solid but you instantly sink 1 or 2 feet when you hit them. it is crazy.:applause:

looks like you're already going too fast for the camera its skipping around giving me a headache, but those trails look awesome and like a lot of fun

looks like you're already going too fast for the camera its skipping around giving me a headache, but those trails look awesome and like a lot of fun

we were going at a fairly fast pace but really the skip is due to the reduction in quality. i am new to uploading vids and dealing with digital video. the next vid i put up will be much higher quality.:applause:

the clay around here is the worst. if it dries on your bike you almost need a hammer and chisel to get it off.

my friend has a ktm 300exc and i was on a crf250r the white fender was just an add on to pimp it out.