Sign in to follow this  

cycra pro bends and bars ...

hey guys i ride an r but thought these questions may be better answered over here. first off ... i need taller bars. i rode a buddys bike with cr high bars and want something even higher.. any ideas ? also how tall of a bar can i use before cable length is an issue ? my bars will also be narrowed for woods riding which bring up the cycra question .. id like to get a set of cycra pro bend hangaurds and im wondering how well they mount up to narrowed bars ? what mounts should i use .. the trpile clamp mounts or the handle bar mount ? best bet would be to go ahead and get the racer pack with a couple different mounts ? any pics of high bars and cycras mounted would be appreciated. thanks guys, scott

I have the Pastrana FMX. Highest bars made and 1" narrower. I run the Cycra's with the bar mounts. I also have the BRP submount which lifts the bars an additional inch. I love the set up.

450x010xsq3.jpg

excuse my ignorance but was is the BRP submount ?? also what bars are you using .. pro tapers ?

• Like 1

I am 5'10" and i run the KX high bend on my CRF450R. Before that i had the CR high and i felt like i was always bending over to far. As for hand gaurds i have the Fastway F.I.T. system. You shouldnt have any problems with the Cycra Pro Bends. The only thing you will have to do is bend them so that they will fit the bend of your bar wich is vrey easy to do.

• Like 1

hey guys i ride an r but thought these questions may be better answered over here. first off ... i need taller bars. i rode a buddys bike with cr high bars and want something even higher.. any ideas ? also how tall of a bar can i use before cable length is an issue ? my bars will also be narrowed for woods riding which bring up the cycra question .. id like to get a set of cycra pro bend hangaurds and im wondering how well they mount up to narrowed bars ? what mounts should i use .. the trpile clamp mounts or the handle bar mount ? best bet would be to go ahead and get the racer pack with a couple different mounts ? any pics of high bars and cycras mounted would be appreciated. thanks guys, scott

You didn't mention the "solution" mount. Better than both options you mention. There's a thread with pictures somewhere in 450X.

I used a 1" bar riser, the tallest Renthal Fat Bars made... and didn't have cable issues on a 450X or 650R. A little cable re-routing and it was fine.

:applause:

I don't use the ProBends, but I do use the triple clamp mounts. I like the fact that they don't eat up space on my bars. I ride woods, and have my bars (ProTaper Contour with Fact. Suzuki/Stock KTM bend) cut down to 30 1/2 ". It gets cramped if I run the bar mounts. I added the center section of aluminum to support the triple clamp mounts.

I used the stock bar clamps with the oversize adapters for the additional 3/4" of rise...

TripleMounts-CtrSupport.jpg

so where have you guys found the best deal on the Pro Bends with the solution mount ? cycra's site is 159 + change with free shipping. anyone found them cheaper ? thanks guys

I don't use the ProBends, but I do use the triple clamp mounts. I like the fact that they don't eat up space on my bars. I ride woods, and have my bars (ProTaper Contour with Fact. Suzuki/Stock KTM bend) cut down to 30 1/2 ". It gets cramped if I run the bar mounts. I added the center section of aluminum to support the triple clamp mounts.

I used the stock bar clamps with the oversize adapters for the additional 3/4" of rise...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/sonobob/My%20bikes%20and%20ride%20pics/TripleMounts-CtrSupport.jpg

Why add the additional aluminum? Seems the upper triple mounts are fairly stout in stock form.

Here's a solution mount for your viewing pleasure;

attachment.php?attachmentid=2277&d=1170344773

attachment.php?attachmentid=2261&d=1170266165

• Like 1

Why add the additional aluminum? Seems the upper triple mounts are fairly stout in stock form.

Here's a solution mount for your viewing pleasure;

Depends on which way your upper triple clamp bolts face...the mounts for the forward-facing bolts are definitely beefy, but the side-mounts that go on my CRF are not as burly and the point where the bolts run through are the thinnest part. They may withstand a hard crash with no problem, but I didn't want to chance it, considering how little effort was involved to do up the support bar. After all, I am the king of overkill...you should see some of the residential construction projects I've done...

I just got a quote for pro bends at cycle gear for $69.99 plus tax,does that sound right or will I have to get something else to mount them?

I just got a quote for pro bends at cycle gear for $69.99 plus tax,does that sound right or will I have to get something else to mount them?

Sounds cheap...

Be careful, there's many ways they are ordered and packaged.

For example, if a dealer orders them... they are not pre-packaged, they are packaged per the order and sent to the dealer in the sealed shrunk wrap package. So, you could be getting a universal package without bar mounts.

Some dealers order a "KTM kit" and use those for fat bars no matter the brand. This is wrong, however it usually works. The inner bar clamps have "KTM" stamped on them, or the bar inserts may need a rubber outer sleeve depending on your bar type.

Best thing to do is go to CYCRA's web site and order per your bike, and bar setup. Or call Cycle Gear direct and get it from the horses mouth what exactly they are selling.

CYCRA really needs to nail down the packaging issues, and the dealers doing the ordering. I've seen stuff come missing parts, or repackaged by the dealer with their name on all the wrapping. I order direct, or specifically from my local contact.

Why add the additional aluminum? Seems the upper triple mounts are fairly stout in stock form. Here's a solution mount for your viewing pleasure;

Man....look at all them new unopened toys laying there, waiting for something to do!!! :applause:

Man....look at all them new unopened toys laying there, waiting for something to do!!! :lol:

hehehe... yes sir... it was like Christmas in my garage.:applause:

I had two boxes of goodies, and more misc stuff laying about. Totalling up in the neighborhood of about $15K. If you've not seen what I was working on... check this post.

:applause:

• Like 1

hehehe... yes sir... it was like Christmas in my garage.:applause: I had two boxes of goodies, and more misc stuff laying about. Totalling up in the neighborhood of about $15K. If you've not seen what I was working on... check this post.:lol:

Whoa, Nellie! Badass doesn't even begin to describe that bike! Me like! :applause:

• Like 1

I just got them they are the same one Agent Smith uses except the 7/8 $97.41 tax included at cycle gear....they are on sale...

I just got them they are the same one Agent Smith uses except the 7/8 $97.41 tax included at cycle gear....they are on sale...

Why the $25 discrepancy??

Why the $25 discrepancy??

They were different ones,the ones that come with the plastic attached to the guard,so if the plastic breaks you cant replace them...

They were different ones,the ones that come with the plastic attached to the guard,so if the plastic breaks you cant replace them...

Hmmm....smells like a fishbait & switch tactic to me! :applause:

eeeeww, why would ya want those? OR did you end up with the ones where you can swap the plastic with removal of 3 screws? I'm so :applause: LoL!

Whoa, Nellie! Badass doesn't even begin to describe that bike! Me like! :applause:

Thanks man!!! It's even nicer in person. Ya know, when you start to look at it... and notice all the little things that don't show in pictures. Nice bike it is!

:lol: