Sign in to follow this  

Post-Race Wrap Up

Well everyone i got home last night from the CrossCountry race and WOW, what a blast!

the course was 7 miles long and i think i got 4 or 5 laps in the 1.5 hr time frame.

this course was HARD, LOTS of deep sand (6+ inches) was really hard to navigate cause the front end kept washing out, but what do you expect.

overall i was pretty amazed with the 230, i dumped it 4 times or so in the sand and it kept on chugging!

it hooked up GREAT on the parts that werent sand and it handled the few jumps there were like a pro, i was very impressed with the bike and they way it just took everything.

also, the new gearing that i installed i can say has very little effect on the bottom end. i was pulling on a couple 250's at the start!

so yeah, great day, completely exhausted still, my whole bodys sore but damn it was a blast, i didnt win and frankly dont care, still was alot of fun but i still finished which was more than some people..

ill get a pic of the bike later =D

o BTW i was in the 250 4-strk class

Well everyone i got home last night from the CrossCountry race and WOW, what a blast!

the course was 7 miles long and i think i got 4 or 5 laps in the 1.5 hr time frame.

this course was HARD, LOTS of deep sand (6+ inches) was really hard to navigate cause the front end kept washing out, but what do you expect.

overall i was pretty amazed with the 230, i dumped it 4 times or so in the sand and it kept on chugging!

it hooked up GREAT on the parts that werent sand and it handled the few jumps there were like a pro, i was very impressed with the bike and they way it just took everything.

also, the new gearing that i installed i can say has very little effect on the bottom end. i was pulling on a couple 250's at the start!

so yeah, great day, completely exhausted still, my whole bodys sore but damn it was a blast, i didnt win and frankly dont care, still was alot of fun but i still finished which was more than some people..

Sounds like you had a blast and thats all you can ask for,good job cant wait to see the pics:applause:

Sounds like you had a blast and thats all you can ask for,good job cant wait to see the pics:applause:

o this thing is covered, lol

Sounds kike you had a blast!:applause: :applause: Can't wait to see the pics.

Where did you race?

Marysville, ive been riding there multiple times before it all god gated off and made into a track but man never like that, lol

Sounds like you had one hell of a fun time that's great, I would love to race but you young kids would rooster all over my ass lol. win next time.

Just this last Sunday I went to a "Motor Sports Spectacular" show. The Free Style MX was great! For the first time I saw a Back Flip performed.

Sounds like you had one hell of a fun time that's great, I would love to race but you young kids would rooster all over my ass lol. win next time.

haha theres a vet class u know and a senior class to accomodate for everyone

it was my first race and itwas really sandy, i feel that if i have some better traction/terrain i could pull a much better place =D

haha theres a vet class u know and a senior class to accomodate for everyone

it was my first race and itwas really sandy, i feel that if i have some better traction/terrain i could pull a much better place =D

how did the new tires work for you , not good in sand it sounds like , over all what do you think.

That sounds awesome. I have to drive 50 miles to even get somewhere with good riding. No races unfortunately..

So buddy, now that you've gotten a good ride on the 230. Did the gearing change definately make you quicker? I never really got a clear answer.

how did the new tires work for you , not good in sand it sounds like , over all what do you think.

well it was min. 6 inches deep in some places, on the shallow sand and dirt they hooked up great!

So buddy, now that you've gotten a good ride on the 230. Did the gearing change definately make you quicker? I never really got a clear answer.

the accel at least the saet of the pants dyno was about the same, 1st gear is way more useful and i stayed in the gears much longer and there was not alot of shifting which was good cause of the tight single track sections

overall i was very impressed with the bike.

Hmm, well atleast you didn't lose any. Jeeze, I may wait for a Cam till I do 14/49 gearing. Maybe I should just get a 50T rear, and then try a 14 front. If I don't like it, I can always put the 13 back on. Damn........Now I'm in between sprockets again!..lol