Sign in to follow this  

Aching Back

Hi,

I'v had an aching back now for well over 2 weeks,it's a dull constant pain right in the middle of my lower back,it doesnt realy affect movement and doesnt caus any more pain if I move,i'v still been going to the gym twice a week and obviously still riding once maybe twice per week,I rode yesterday and the pain is a little worse today,what do you think it could be Doc?and could I get your advice please.

Regards,

I have the worst back! It has made a complete turnaround in the past year! Do me a favor and try putting a peice of plywood between your matress and boxspring. Also, take ibuprophen BEFORE you go to bed, when you have the pain.

Work on core training

Seriously....after really a bad back for the past 10 years, this made a 100% improvement for me

I sometimes get a nagging pain in the muscles right next to the spine in the middle of my back, sometimes it almost feels like it burns and can never get comfortable.

If this is you it is more than likely a strain and the only thing you can do is rest it and take some anti-inflamitory meds.

I use to work a job when I had this it was doctors for a couple weeks and light duty, so now when I have it I don't worry as much and try to take it easy and it will go away...hope that helps:excuseme:

I have the worst back! It has made a complete turnaround in the past year! Do me a favor and try putting a peice of plywood between your matress and boxspring. Also, take ibuprophen BEFORE you go to bed, when you have the pain.

Work on core training

Seriously....after really a bad back for the past 10 years, this made a 100% improvement for me

core tranning 4 X a week for 30mins. = no back pain:thumbsup:

Swimming once a week no only took away my back pain but also healed the pain in my knees. Just the simple crawl stroke did it.

I had successful back surgery in 1988 but generally will have a flare-up about once a year lasting from a few days to a week. Anyway, as long as the pain/discomfort is in the back and not radiating down the back of my legs, I don't worry too much about it. Pretty much just do what others have stated here.

I'll usually just rest, maybe take some OTC anti-inflamatory Rx and perhaps lay on a heating pad. I'll dampen a wash cloth and then place it on a hand towel then fold the towel once. I then place it on the heating pad so it's less direct heating.

Pain in that area can be indicative of other problems so, if it continues, I think a trip to the doctor is your best bet.

Best of luck to you. :applause:

I had a few spill on my DRZ last weekend, after picking up my bike twice, I have this nagging back ache since then.

It was pretty bad after the ride as I have problems bending my back or running.

It have gotten better but today i have this strange numbness on my lleft leg now.

I have had back problems before after picking up my bike the wrong way but usually they go away after a couple of days.

I have two friend who have to quit riding off road on doctors advise due to very bad bacl. I'm incredibly worried. Is there anything I can do to rid the pain and how do I prevent bad back days?

Cheers

Mike

Another plug for core training. Check out a Pilates class at a gym or get a video and watch it at home. When I ride my hamstrings tighten up from standing on the pegs. I try to stretch them as often as I can. Good luck.