Sign in to follow this  

Enclosed trailer floor ideas

Hi i'm new to this but here i go.I just purchased a 2007 haulmark 6x12 v nose,ramp door trailer.I was wondering if you guys can give me some ideas what i could do to the plywood floor to protect it? I looked in to rhino lining but its like $650 not counting the ramp or v nose. Will the rust oleum epoxy shield for garage floors work on wood? E bay has 10 mil checker board vinyl flooring.Thanx for any help you can give

I painted mine with a good marine paint, then let it dry for a few days. Then put down some lino' and seal aroung the outside edges with good silicone caulking. That should make it last.

we used some porch & floor paint from home depot for ours. it seems to be wearing very well, but a bike or 4 wheeler tire will leave a mark pretty easily. the snowmobiles hasn't bothered it too bad either. Good luck!

I painted mine with a good marine paint, then let it dry for a few days. Then put down some lino' and seal aroung the outside edges with good silicone caulking. That should make it last.

CNC Racing is dead on! Best setup one could do. Tiles come up, slick with rain gas or oil on it, spray on linex is hard to clean, adds a ton of weight which takes away from your payload.

I tried the above-mentioned paints but found a better soultion. I purchased the interlocking, anti-fatigue foam flooring mats at Pep Boys. They are oil resistant and non-skid. You can cut them with a good pair of shears. Furthermore, they feel nice when you are getting changed in the trailer.

I once towed a friend's bike and it leaked premix. I just removed the two tiles it leaked on and pressure washed them. When they dried, I popped them right back in. I think the whole floor cost me $24.

Matt, get the do it yourself Rhino liner stuff.

I'll talk to my brother and see where he got it. But I believe it was pretty cheap.

Rubber mating on the floor (think rubber truck bed mat material). I picked up a 5x8 chunk at the local tractor supply and droped it right into my 5x8 enclosed. I love it. Nothing slides around on it at all.

rh_side_of_trailer.jpg

Thanx guys for all the ideas.kinda like the marine paint and lino'. anyone else with ideas? thanx again

I use barn and fence paint. It seems to soak into the wood a little better than regular paint and beads water like a ducks back.

I use barn and fence paint. It seems to soak into the wood a little better than regular paint and beads water like a ducks back.

Thats the ticket but add some Sand for a non slip surface

I have a 5X10 enclosed. Look at Costco.com and look up motofloor. It's the interlocking black & white 1 sq. ft. plastic textured tiles. I Thompson's water sealed the crap out of my floor, then laid this on top of it (1 box contains 48 tiles). I took 5 of the tiles and cut them in half and trimmed them to fit the edges so the 48 sq. ft. covered the whole inside. The stuff interlocks so it keeps the wetness away from the ply floor. I just pour Simple Green on the tiles and mop it down and it looks like new. The texture on the tiles is kinda "diamond plate-ish" so even wet boots don't slip around that much. And you can fully remove it if you wish. Works like a charm for me.

Dan

I too have the exact same trailer and did use a concrete epoxy much like the Rust Oleum Epoxy but without the chips - on a side note I used that in my garage and its awesome! Its not bad - it didnt adhere to the wood like it did to the concrete - now with that said I have had NO issues at all. The only thing that bugs me is it a little rubbery - you can litterally stick your finger nail into the paint - it doesnt scratch of but simply has a rubbery feel. For grip I added the Behr gripper (sand like material) and then mixed the paint - that stuff works really well. Next time I will take the cheaper route and just add some sand.

I have since painted my basement floor and use MAB's Porch and Deck paint - this stuff is super tough - if I do a trailer again I will use this stuff instead.

Hi i'm new to this but here i go.I just purchased a 2007 haulmark 6x12 v nose,ramp door trailer.I was wondering if you guys can give me some ideas what i could do to the plywood floor to protect it? I looked in to rhino lining but its like $650 not counting the ramp or v nose. Will the rust oleum epoxy shield for garage floors work on wood? E bay has 10 mil checker board vinyl flooring.Thanx for any help you can give

Is the floor made of treated plywood?

If it is, the only thing you need to do to protect it is keep it clean and dry-it'll be just fine. Maybe after a few years of use, you may want to re-treat it just like you would a deck, but trailer floors never seen UV rays, or what little they do isn't enough to do any damage.