Snow riding video

Poor bikes. I would feel so bad beating my bike like that. I bet it was fun as heck though. Cool vid

I felt terrible beating my bike up like that, I was wishing that I put the longer studs on the WR400, wouldn't have to abuse the Engine as much.

Although Brian had his Honda 450, and kept putting Snow on the radiators to cool it off.

Snow in the airbox became an issue for everyone.

Ok, so anyone living in N.E. PA, or watches the News, knows what the weather has been like, and how much snow we got last week. We decided to go riding this Sunday.

Heres a short video of the ride.

Where in NEPA do ya live? You're right we got quite a bit of snow but it seems like a good amount is going to melt this week.

Nice single track,I think?Cool video you dudes are crazy I love it!!!!

We made it up to the Single track, but Andy blew off all the screws he put in his rear tire, just getting to the field! He couldn't make it up the hills.

So we decided to just stay in the field and have some fun.

That deep of snow would paddels work better?
They might work pretty good if not better then studs in that deep snow. Actually it was a tiny bit of snow mixed with a lot of sleet (17 inches worth). It almost flowed like dry sand. I was in 3rd and 4th gear in that video reving the crap out my 450. As you all can see , I wasn't going very fast. When I got home, my airbox was filled with snow. About an inch of the air filter was visable. Suprised the thing even ran! :applause:

They might work pretty good if not better then studs in that deep snow. Actually it was a tiny bit of snow mixed with a lot of sleet (17 inches worth). It almost flowed like dry sand. I was in 3rd and 4th gear in that video reving the crap out my 450. As you all can see , I wasn't going very fast. When I got home, my airbox was filled with snow. About an inch of the air filter was visable. Suprised the thing even ran! :applause:

Hey Brian nice to hear from you on hear, guess the Duct tape didn't hold the snow from coming through the air holes.

I'll bet a paddle tire would have been the hot setup in those conditions, I had one on my WR a few years ago and it would climb any hill, but it was terrible on hard pack, wanted to crab walk on you, and you had to go fast or it would jar the heck out of you.

Ummm, that doesn't look like much fun to me, but I've never ridden in it so I don't know. 2 mph and screaming engines doesn't look very appealing. You wouldn't catch me in that without a paddle. Sorry to be negative but somebody had to say it.

Ummm, that doesn't look like much fun to me, but I've never ridden in it so I don't know. 2 mph and screaming engines doesn't look very appealing. You wouldn't catch me in that without a paddle. Sorry to be negative but somebody had to say it.
Sure as hell beats sitting home on the couch!!! Usually you can go as fast as your balls will allow you to go, but that day it was like riding on ball bearings made of ice. By the way I didn't buy a dirt bike to baby it. run them like hell and maintain them like hell and you shouldn't have any problems.:applause:

Sure as hell beats sitting home on the couch!!! Usually you can go as fast as your balls will allow you to go, but that day it was like riding on ball bearings made of ice. By the way I didn't buy a dirt bike to baby it. run them like hell and maintain them like hell and you shouldn't have any problems.?

AMEN BRIAN:applause:

Any riding is better than sitting at home on the couch.

There was no traction to be found that day, the ground was non existent.

Before I left that day, my wife said "I really wish you wouldn't go, the snows to deep, etc."

I said there are people waiting for me, I told them I would be there.

She said, "If they jumped off a bridge would you follow them?

I thought about it for a second ot two, then I said no, the waters to damn cold this time of year, plus it's probably frozen and I'd break my leg!

To which I got "don't be a friggen smart ass".

I'm not riding the couch, I don't care what the weather is like, or how much pain I'm in, Sunday only comes once a week.

And like Brian said, I maintain my bike, it's all part of the game.

See you on Sunday Brian.:applause: