Sign in to follow this  

Small holes in airfilter. how to fix?

buy a new filter...but,you could use filter skins or glue/panty hose.If it was me,the bike would stay parked until I had the cash for new filter.Some things you can rig,but items like the air filter should be taken seriously.Much cheaper to wait and buy a replacement than to wait and buy a new top end.

Thoroughly clean the filter and dry it. Use contact cement according to instructions and pinch the burned out spots together. There, it's fixed til you get a new one.

Dave

Funny that people rave about k+ns being so awesome, yet they dont filter for crap.

I would reuse the thing, its still gonna filter better then a k+n anyday. Replacing is decent advice if it helps you sleep better at night, but not neccessary.

OK let me rephrase that, i just bought the bike and i owe money and and i would rather not owe any more. i was just lookin for a quick fix untill i get a new filter.

Seriously, if you're cutting your finances so close that you are borrowing money

to buy a new bike but don't want to spend $30 on a new filter, you have other issues.

decisions like this are why so many people are losing their houses, cars, and toys......but I digress...answer to your question, if you don't want to buy a new filter, don't...wrap a pair of panty hose over the filter.

Dude the glue you need to buy costs almost more than a Ready filter, cant see your logic in not having cash? How do you pay for gas? Maybe layoff the riding for a couple of days/ weeks until you got abit of cash.