Sign in to follow this  

enduro setup on a cr250?

hi...

I might doing a few enduros this year and wanted to see would i need to change much to suit riding in bog and forests, and a bit of flat land..

Don't want to do anything major but other things that might help.

hi...

I might doing a few enduros this year and wanted to see would i need to change much to suit riding in bog and forests, and a bit of flat land..

Don't want to do anything major but other things that might help.

What year is your bike??

The standard setup might be up to it but if anyone has made any changes that might help let me know..

The standard setup might be up to it but if anyone has made any changes that might help let me know..

Standard set up is FMF,Pro Circuit or Doma pipe (best), JD jet kit, V-force 3, skid/glide plate, pipe protector. Shorty silencer would be great if you can get away with it but you may need spark arrester depending on the event.

Barkbusters...if you don't already have them. I'm thinking about getting a headlight from acerbis too, you might want to consider it. And as hondacrguy mentioned a flywheel weight would be a great thing to have in an enduro.

I run a flywheel weight on my Cr, and have changed the gearing too. The flywheel is 13oz, but as i am now SLOWLY improving, i think i am going to lessen the weight to around 10 oz, this help's prevent stalling in the woods to often, and also aid's traction of the bike.

I don't run bark buster's, just normal hand guard's and unbreakable lever's, with a 12 L Clarke Tank.

FMF Knarly pipe, brake snake. Rad gaurds and supports, skid plate, 13l tank,

Acerbis barkbusters, 600 degree rear brake fluid, 3 weight forkoil, HD tubes.

try to find a set of crf250x forks and a auto clutch you'll be amazed what kinda of woods bike it turns into

Handguards are all you need imho, the rest is just to set it up to your personal liking. I run woods on my CR250R and find it quite a good bike for the task with minimal mods. I just have handgurads, steering damper, pipe guard, spark arrestor and basic lighting (required for enduro's around here).

if you're wanting to run a headlight and flywheel weight you could look into an e-line lighting coil, they're kind of expensive but you get the best of both worlds. I also like the fmf gnarly pipe, it's a tough offroad pipe and improves bottom end performance.

Not knowing much at all about the case-reed engines, I'll make only one suggestion, and a strong one.

Get the aluminum barkbusters. They'll save you in the woods. I've hit trees so hard with them that they've taken deep chunks out of the wood. If it had been plastic or nothing at all, it's doubtful I'd still be able to ride. $45-50 versus a crushed hand...and a positive side-effect is the fact that I haven't had one broken lever since I started using them.

try to find a set of crf250x forks and a auto clutch you'll be amazed what kinda of woods bike it turns into

Probably the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

my friend is a semi pro gncc'r on a CR250. the bikes sick.

a24a9a99.jpg

Looks like a CRF250 to me.

You're gonna need at least a headlight, license plate mount, rear turn signals and brake light, and a computer such as a TrailTech to pass tech inspection. Creature comforts such as Barkbusters and skidplates also help the logevity of your ride.

Motor-wise, you're gonna want at least a set of V-Force 3 reeds, and maybe some porting and case-matching to help you're low end if you have the cash. Do NOT put a flywheel weight on a Honda two stroke. The demure low end is perfect for woods. Be liberal with the cluch, and she'll keep churning.

flywheel weight works great on a CR500

Forgot about that beast...that's a totally different story.