Best Glide/Skid plate for RMZ

OK, I'm a cheapo tightwad and don't want to spend $80 or more on a piece of aluminum. :applause:

Has anyone tried making one or have an old one they'd sell cheap? I have a roll of aluminum ($6) and some snips, etc that I might try fooling around with but was looking for suggestions first. Once I get it done I'll post some pics. If anybody has a used one PM me or email me a price including shipping to NC. Haven't seen any on eBay lately that were used.:applause:

what you need is dependent upon how and where you ride. I do mostly rocky/rooty/rutted trails so I got the Utah sports plate. Real beefy and I don't care that it weighs 4lbs. If you only do Mx, a home made one may work for a little while. I wouldn't use anything that can be cut with tin snips though.

I found a used one for my CRF but haven't got one on my RMZ yet. I usually trail ride the crf and mainly ride the RMZ at tracks so I was only thinking about the cheapo skidplate for the RMZ. I can't remember the guage of the aluminum I have but it's too stiff to bend with your hands. I started by cutting an oversize piece and laid it over the bottom of the frame. Then I took a hammer to shape it to the contour. Once I figure out a better way to install it other than ziptie's I will post some pics. It is definitely not as nice as the devol above, but I can make about 10 of them for the price of 1 devol so we'll see how it holds up. (fingers crossed) For small rocks and debris I think it will be good.