Sign in to follow this  

My piston keeps seizing, am i too big?

ok, ive got a cr125r 2-stroke. im probably 240 pounds. my piston keeps seizing for the 2nd time in 5 months, is it cuz im too big. or is it probably other factors:confused:

ok, ive got a cr125r 2-stroke. im probably 240 pounds. my piston keeps seizing for the 2nd time in 5 months, is it cuz im too big. or is it probably other factors:confused:

What a troll. But, a good one. Because there will be 20 idiots that think it's a serious question. They'll then post solutions to this troll.

This is a repost.

the problem is not that you are to big you are 2 small for that bike, you are not putting enough load on the engine, i am 255 lbs but i would never race a 125, thats way to big i race a 1988 cr80

This can't be true...2-stroke are extremely reliable and never need to be re-built.

That's what everyone on this site seems to think anyways.

Realistically it could be several things. Do you keep your airfilter clean? Is your jetting right? Are you using good oil?

This can't be true...2-stroke are extremely reliable and never need to be re-built.

Realistically it could be several things. Do you keep your airfilter clean? Is your jetting right? Are you using good oil?

Talk about a troll. I don't think one person on this site believes that a 2 stroke never requires a rebuild, nor anything else for that matter.

This post is obviously a troll or it needs to be moved to the proper area.

youve got the wrong colored power band in your bike. switch it to a yellow.

stop misleading this poor man, he clearly needs a purple. :applause:

You're misleading him too, chrome is the only way to go. That's they only way the reverse works too.

Both. :applause:

Talk about a troll. I don't think one person on this site believes that a 2 stroke never requires a rebuild, nor anything else for that matter.

This post is obviously a troll or it needs to be moved to the proper area.

I donno, at times this place seems like smoker talk. There are so many threads in the General area that do nothing but say two-strokes are better than four-strokes in every way but power... but that no mere mortal can use the power so they are worthless. Thats a bit of an exadgeration, but thats the general idea that is put into so many posts in this forum.

The storys you dont hear are about bikes like mine... my 2001 250f that has the original valves in it, and all but one havent budged in years. This bike has in no way been more maintinance than a two-stroke (not saying it is less... just that it is no more).

I think it was this mentality that the person you quoted was refering to.

oh man that was great. just the best post ive read on this forum so far haha.

ROFL! Bravo :applause:

2 stroke faith ppl are losers :applause:

Your putting oil in the gas.... right? ::applause:

thats [oil in fuel] not a topic on tt.

maybe he should LOOK at the plug,it should have a nice oily charcoal brown color. if not, rejet [fatter]. or buy a thumper!

That used to happen to me too. I am not that big 155 pounds and i have had 250 2 strokes.

What i have started doing is at the time of putting a new top end i grease everything up: the piston, rings, crank, cylinder sleeve... you name it.

That way i help the lubrication. So far i have been able to go twice longer between topends.

Just so that you get an idea it has been over a year and a half and i still havent loss 5% of theoriginal compression. I use regular muffler bearing grease for this.

Hope it helps.

If this is a real post, here you go.

Post your current jetting, altitude and temperature. What type of fuel and premix oil are you using and at what ratio. What spark plug are you using. When does your top end seize, is it after a full throttle run or just putting around?

Make sure you have a manual. Make sure you have checked the ring end gap twice before installing the top end. Llightly lube the topend parts with straight premix oil during reassembly, ie: rings, piston, wrist pin bearing ect... Use super unleaded fuel mixed with a good quality motorcycle premix oil (not chainsaw/lawnmower oil). Mix at 32:1. Mobile MX2T can be found at most auto parts chain stores and is fully synthetic and inexpensive.

Finally, your are replacing the rings, piston, wrist pin and gaskets with new componants, right?

Good luck, Steve.

ROFL! Bravo :applause:

2 stroke faith ppl are losers :lol:

Sorry that you were unable to control your two stroke in a way that was beneficial to you. It's alright though, not everyone knows how to ride properly.

:applause:

What a troll. But, a good one. Because there will be 20 idiots that think it's a serious question. They'll then post solutions to this troll.

This is a repost.

Yup, just as I thought.....:applause: