Sign in to follow this  

skidplate/glideplate question

OK, I'm a cheapo tightwad and don't want to spend $80 or more on a piece of aluminum.

Has anyone tried making one or have an old one they'd sell cheap? I have a roll of aluminum ($6) and some snips, etc that I might try fooling around with but was looking for suggestions first. Once I get it done I'll post some pics. If anybody has a used one PM me or email me a price including shipping to NC. Haven't seen any on eBay lately that were used.

OK, I'm a cheapo tightwad and don't want to spend $80 or more on a piece of aluminum.

Has anyone tried making one or have an old one they'd sell cheap? I have a roll of aluminum ($6) and some snips, etc that I might try fooling around with but was looking for suggestions first. Once I get it done I'll post some pics. If anybody has a used one PM me or email me a price including shipping to NC. Haven't seen any on eBay lately that were used.

Not to flame your idea because I love ingenuity, but if the aluminum you have can be rolled up and/or cut with snips, it probably won't offer the protection you are looking for.

Just buy a cheaper devol skid plate.

They are very nice.

An aluminum roll wont give you what you are looking for.

Yeah, I agree the $6 roll of aluminum won't be as strong as a Works Connection, but I mainly just wanted something to block the roost and rocks. I'm not going to be climbing any rocky areas or anything too bad so I was just thinking of some cheaper alternatives.

I actually just ordered a used one from somebody here on thumpertalk:thumbsup: I'll anxiously await it's arrival.