Sign in to follow this  

04 tc 450 steering damper

Ok so I've been looking at all of the different options and its all pretty confusing. Although it is confusing i know i want a kit that you don't have to weld or raise the bars to install. So i was wondering what the best setup is for me.:applause:

I have the GPR on both my Husky's. The 04 450 has the v1 and the 06 510 has the v2. Both will require the Pro-Taper set ups. I went with the high bars for desert racing since I tend to stand a lot on the pegs. The GPR set up came with everything you need and you can order the Pro-Taper bars as well. Everything bolts right up, no problems, no welding, etc. If you go to the GPR web site they do not list Husky, give them a call and they have them.

This is my 04 TC450, if you look carefully you can see the post for the Scotts on the bike, I cut out a Factory Effex fat bar Husky pad and installed it over the Scotts Stabilizer it has Pro Tapers on it as well.

IMAG0017.jpg

My 2006 TE450 has the GPR on it with the standard 7/8 in bars

IMG_5490.jpg

I use a W.E.R.S. It's under the bottom triple clamp and above the front fender(fender bolts mount thru fender then stabilizer). It works very well for mxing, less expensive then other models, and is out of sight(out of mind). My step-daughter used to get headshake on a straightaway( due to lack of upper body strenghth), she would wad up brand new pro-tapers. Ever since stabilizer installed, problem solved!

BRP has a kit for the Huskys. I just installed one on my 04 TC450 and it makes a huge difference in the bikes manners. It's a bolt-on tower and works great. BTW, its a Scotts stabilizer with BRP hardware. Nice

Jerry

2006 TE450 with GPR

GPR2.jpg

So if u raise the bars a little with that mount you can run stock bars?

I use a W.E.R.S. It's under the bottom triple clamp and above the front fender(fender bolts mount thru fender then stabilizer). It works very well for mxing, less expensive then other models, and is out of sight(out of mind). My step-daughter used to get headshake on a straightaway( due to lack of upper body strenghth), she would wad up brand new pro-tapers. Ever since stabilizer installed, problem solved!

Do u have any links to it or one like it? Thanks:thumbsup:

Off topic, but where did you get your graphics and seat cover? My 510 will need a face lift soon. Nice looking '04 by the way.

I will try to answer all the questions,

1)On my 06 the GPR set has the 7/8 standard bar arrangement, with the GPR mount assembly the bars end up very near the OEM position (within a couple mm) so the feel never changed, it is a great set up. Although: I wish now that I specified the use of Fat Bars which I do prefer. My 06 TE450 was GPR's prototype bike and I just handed them my machine and they ran with it. I am completly satisfied with the GPR set up and for the full year of use have had no issues other than my OEM Tommaselli bars breaking last week from a crash (not a bad one). Remember bars do have a life cycle, I will put Renthal 722 Honda bend bars on now.

2) I used a WER on my KTM250EXC and always loved that set up as well, less expensive as the others and very functional and of course out of the way.

3) Graphics on the 2004 TC450,,,that took alot of EBay watching. I knew that Factory Effex made them for the 04 style plastic (for the 2 stroke as well). I finally found the FX side panel graphics and found the FX seat cover later, the FX fender graphics are still floating around EBay as well as fork guard graphics and N-Style fender graphics. I ended up removing the FX seat cover to use the Guts tall no slip cover. I have since sold the 04 and all the stuff that went with it.

I used the 04 type fork guard graphics on my 06, they fit the whole guard (the new ones are bigger) But with some shifting you can make them look real good. Also I used the N-Style fender graphics on 06 as well I even put one of the Front fender one on my rear fender, with a bit of trimming it looks good.

Also the Husqvarna labels on my swingarm and tank shroud are from the N-Style Husqvarna general sticker sheet which are still floating around on Ebay for about 20 bucks.

I used fake (yes fake) Carbon Fiber stickers on my rad shrouds and the little gray paint area on the side panels.

Also basic white # plate backrounds trimmed to fit and to allow 7" numbers for race days.