Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F: E-start retrofit possible?

Noobie here.. take it easy on me! :applause:

I'm considering buying a used 03 or 04 150F and I'm wondering if the e-start from the 06 can be fitted to the previous models without major mods.

I'm not planning on doing it, even if it's feasible, I'm just wondering if it's do-able. :applause:

e starts aren't worth it. what if you have a dead battery in the middle of the desert. you have to replace the battery if you dont monitor it. stick with a kick start.

im going to have to disagree

many, including myself neglect their batteries and they still work fine

honda though of this before hand and put the no maint. battery in

and u can always just bump start it if need be

e-start is a great tool on the trail

I had asked my dealer and he said that it's not possible to do because there are too many differents parts in the 06-07 CRF150F engine.

After the power up mods, my bike starts first kick ! Every time ! Hot ! Cold !

After 2 weeks of not riding ! Choke, throttle held fully off ! Find the compression stroke and Frooommm ! I found a left over 05 in 06 ! I didnt want the battery and Bullshi#$%^

yeah. my brothers quads battery died after like 2 months...honda trx250

if you could get a e start and a kick start in one that would be cool. my 150 starts first kick everytime. even when it didnt have any mods...first kick everytime.

If you wanted E-Start, you should have gotten a 230F or an 06 and up 150F. There handy I'll give them that, but my next bike won't have it. Anyways, there wouldn't be a possible way. You might be able to take parts from a 230 though, the 230's and 03-05 150's shared many components. That would be your best bet.

I actually haven't bought anything yet, but I've got a 150 in my sights and it's a pre e-start model. I think I'll settle for kick start.. I like the zero maintenance aspect, even though on some off camber trails, it might be easier to push the magic button.

Thanks for your feedback :applause:

Guys!

The 03-05 CRF150 can EASILY be adapted to e-start!!

It won't be cheap, but all of the CRF230 e-start parts will bolt right on and work perfectly. Kick start AND E-start! Priceless??

Good luck and ride safely.