Sign in to follow this  

Battery Life on TTR125

I'm thinking of buying a TTR125 for my son. I can get a 2006 for $1500 from a friend of mine. The only problem is I have to jump it off the lawn mower when it's cold. What's the battery life of these bikes? Thanks.

Its not very long. if you plan on getting a 150 kit the e-start will not turn it over with the stock battery.

It already has the 150 kit on it which could be the problem. What type of battery do you recommend? Thanks.

I don't belive there is one. You could take the one out of the bike and take it to a Batterys Plus store and see if they have one that will fit in the battery box and has more power. You could also go to your nearest yammie dealer and see if a battery from a TTR225/230/250 will work or maybee a battery from a WR.

good luck

The stock battery is fairly small, I doubt you will find one more powerful without it being bigger also. And the battery box on the ttr barely fits the stock battery.

Yeah, I've been charging the battery and it works fine now. They just have to be ridden. Just like the XR250, it likes to be started once a week :applause:

I have 2005 ttr125le bought new.....put a battery tender on the bike and battery is still good..... :applause: