Sign in to follow this  

Rapid City Extreme Enduro Video

Hey All,

The race was a ton of fun this past Saturday in Rapid City. There was a great crowd and the track was awsome. Here is some footage I took in my pro practice heat. This is the first time I used the camera while riding, it's pointed down a bit, but came out pretty good.

See yall soon!

Thanks for posting, pretty sweet! How did the race go? Looks like you were getting around there pretty good.

The race was a blast....I bit off a little more then I could chew and signed up for Vet, 250+ and the Pro class. I was riding good, the Vet class I fell and ended up 3rd....me and another guy battled in the 250+ class for about 3 laps, I passed him and started to pull away then derailed my chain trying to squeeze threw a gap in the down tree section....so I went from 1st to DNF!

The pro class was good...they bumped it up to 9 laps and took some logs away to make it more difficult.....I just ran and of steam and went into survival mode about 3/4 of the way threw and ended up 6th out of 21 or so.

All in all it was a lot of fun...I'll defiantley be in for next year, and maybe even the one in Bismark ND also.

• Like 1

Very cool! Dose anyone run a four stroke in those things, or are they just too heavy?

Very cool! Dose anyone run a four stroke in those things, or are they just too heavy?

There were quite a few 4-Strokes. The guy who won it was on a 400XC-W. I just happened to still have a 300 available or I would have been on a 450.

Great video. That was awesome. When is the race in Bismark?

Not 100% sure when that race is.....when I find out I'll post something. They may only do 2 a year, the one in Bismark and the one in Rapid City. It may be awhile before they come back around.

that was pretty good. I must admit I am definetely not at that level yet.

Scary is a humble kind of guy but he is one hell of a rider even winning the RMEC championship one season if memory serves. It's great to have a guy like take us on a little ride. Thanks again

Scary is a humble kind of guy but he is one hell of a rider even winning the RMEC championship one season if memory serves. It's great to have a guy like take us on a little ride. Thanks again

Thanks Rex......I hope to do more videos this summer! It's kinda fun!

Damn, and I cry that Aztec kicks my ass and I cant go fast there.......I am not sure I could even get around that course. Nice vid though, except I keep trying to look up

Hey Thanks for the heads up on the Rapid City Endurocross. I missed it last year but I'm sure I can put together a few guys for this year. It can't be any tougher than the Maxxis EnduroCross in Denver. That one sure made me feel my age...and then some!

Thanks Brian! I hope the guys creating the ECross series see the tree section! That's awesome and would make for some pretty cool racing. That section looked a lot like the beginning of loop3 at Calamity!

Thanks Brian! I hope the guys creating the ECross series see the tree section! That's awesome and would make for some pretty cool racing. That section looked a lot like the beginning of loop3 at Calamity!
The nice thing about the trees was that if you had handguards you could literally pin it through there, straighten your arms and knock them all out of the way!! I didn't have them unfortunately.

The nice thing about the trees was that if you had handguards you could literally pin it through there, straighten your arms and knock them all out of the way!! I didn't have them unfortunately.

Ive tryed that technique.... um ouch:worthy:

Ive tryed that technique.... um ouch:worthy:
I wouldn't recommend that when the trees have been there for awhile......the man made, stuck in the gound ones are fair game!