Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Headin' EAST

Well, most of the West coast rounds are over. The championship in the big bike class has gotten interesting again with Reed scoring a win in San Diego. Reed historically does really well towards the middle and end of the season. I think he is going to suprise a few notable people.

Villopoto smartly secured/clinched the title before the long break. He can now focus on Outdoors mx and adding another 125 outdoor title. You can be sure he will be fast for the last west SX round in Seattle (his home state) and will come with guns blazing at the east west shootout in Vegas.

Hepler(the definate lites title favorite in my eyes) is still on the fence of whether he is ready to race in Atlanta. Yamaha says they are letting the MD's make the decision. He hasn't been on a bike for weeks so he will most likely be rusty, possibly not in top form.

Darcy Lange is going to be filling in for Metcalfe on the Pro-Circuit Kawi.

Millsaps is due to return to the 450's . Langston is getting close too. Nick Wey is going to be out due to surgery on that thumb he injured.

Maybe it's a bit early, but I'm really excited for this weekend, I think it has the potential to be an epic race. The return of Ricky Carmichael and the long awaited 450 Supercross debut of Davi Millsaps, not to mention the all new Supercross Lites East coast series. Here's my predictions.

450:

7 (Stewart)

22 (Reed)

4 (Carmichael)

118 (Millsaps)

15 (Ferry)

14 (Windham)

9 (Tedesco)

250:

60 (Hepler)

62 (Dungey)

800 (M. Alessi)

132 (Laninovich)

75 (Tickle)

330 (Lange)

801 (J. Alessi)

Here's my predictions.

450:

7 (Stewart)

22 (Reed)

4 (Carmichael)

118 (Millsaps)

15 (Ferry)

14 (Windham)

9 (Tedesco)

I'm pretty much in agreement, but I think you've got Tedesco too high, Ferry not high enough, and I don't see Reed ahead of RC in any way shape or form. I'd like to see Millsaps do good, though. I like Stewart, but I'm just wondering if he's getting a little over confident as displayed by his little stoppie endo and lack of concentration leading to his crash in the main. Hopefully he got a little reality and humility check in the last race and will be back on form from here on out.

I'm pretty much in agreement, but I think you've got Tedesco too high, Ferry not high enough, and I don't see Reed ahead of RC in any way shape or form. I'd like to see Millsaps do good, though. I like Stewart, but I'm just wondering if he's getting a little over confident as displayed by his little stoppie endo and lack of concentration leading to his crash in the main. Hopefully he got a little reality and humility check in the last race and will be back on form from here on out.

Ivan holeshot and finished 4th in San Diego, I think he can be up there. As for Timmy, I don't think he will beat any of the big 3, and expect to see Davi near the front with those guys, at least once he is healed up and back to full speed.

Wow, you think a guy who has been sitting out for months on end recovering from a broken femur is going to run up front with those guys.:applause: I think Millsaps will be very fortunate to finish in the top ten. I know he is fast but he hasn't been out there running the pace for the last several weeks like the rest of these guys. He won't peak for quite sometime.....maybe be up to full speed by Vegas and really ready for the outdoors.

Nor do I see any reason why Reed won't be mixing it up with RC and Stewart. He has done it in the past and he always makes a stronger showing in the east. He obviously is riding very well right now and has a big recent shot of confidence with the San Diego win. Give an underdog a taste of blood, he may begin to start really challenging the alpha.

Reed ran a really hard practice last week. They said he rode from 10 am till 6:30 pm. on Wednesday, basically till he couldn't see the track due to lack of daylight.

Ivan had the screws put to him by RC in the announcer's booth at the Houston rnd. They have since been putting in extra time at the track training hard together.

Ferry and/or Windham will round out the top five. Ivan will be in the mix too.

gonna be exciting.

Hepler had a nasty concussion that is still showing some residual effects. Doctors still haven't clear him.