Sign in to follow this  

Linkage differences

Hello.

I'm trying to find out what the difference in length is for the linkage between a 02', 03' and 05' crf450.

I recently purchased a supposed 05' linkage assemly off of Ebay but it appears top be the same length as the 02'...

Anyone have the answer???

I was under the impression the shock lengths were different but i got some measured and they were the same, 02 and a 05.

I think the 02 & 05 links are the same but the o5 has a longer shock. If you are trying to raise the rear of an 02 you can use a link off an 03 04 or you can use a shock off an 05. Using a shorter link will raise the rear & make the linkage ratio stiffer. Using a longer shock will raise the rear & make the linkage ratio softer.

Appreciate the replies, couldn't find what I needed to know in my searches.

What's the difference between the center linkage on the 02 and 05 CRF450? Part numbers listed below?

Honda ARM SUB-ASSY. for 2005 Honda CRF450R

52465-MEN-710

Honda ARM SUB-ASSY. for 2002 Honda CRF450R

52465-MEB-000

Thanks for the post, although those kouba links are for lowering only, correct?

The fix I'm looking for raises the rear end.

Check stormcycles.com, they have links for the Honda's. They had an MX link and a SM lowering link for my YZF-450. The MX link raised the rear almost an inch and I can't wait to see how well it helps cornering.

I had a Storm link on my 02 back in the day; it raises the rear. The Kouba only lowers the rear.

I couldn't find the info, so I did a little digging:

From left to right 02 CR450F 03-04 CRF450 and the STORM linkage

If you purchased an 02 and want the revised linkage you'll need to replace the entire assembly, not just the horseshoe (for a lack of a better word)

Additionally, from whaI have read the STORM was supposed to be longer, not shorter....glad I did a little diging :applause:

dscf0980.jpg

dscf0981.jpg

dscf0982.jpg

dscf0983.jpg