Sign in to follow this  

Moab to White Wash????

Ok, 2 part question for all of those Moab experts out there. What is the road I turn off of 191 to get to the parking are for White Wash. Also, is there a way to ride there from Moab area?? I am going in about 3 weeks, need a little help.

Thanks Gear Heads!!!!

Ok, 2 part question for all of those Moab experts out there. What is the road I turn off of 191 to get to the parking are for White Wash. Also, is there a way to ride there from Moab area?? I am going in about 3 weeks, need a little help.

Thanks Gear Heads!!!!

From 191 you have to take Blue Hills road which is a long dirt road. I'd suggest taking I70 west past Green River to exit 173, then go south about 12 miles, you'll see the sand dunes when you get there. I've driven the Blue Hills route, but it is long, dusty and was quite slow, especially towing a trailor.

From 191 you have to take Blue Hills road which is a long dirt road. I'd suggest taking I70 west past Green River to exit 173, then go south about 12 miles, you'll see the sand dunes when you get there. I've driven the Blue Hills route, but it is long, dusty and was quite slow, especially towing a trailor.

If you are headed west on I-70 the exit is before Green River.:applause:

Also, is there a way to ride there from Moab area??

you can easily ride there on blue hills road (the boring way) or a fun way utilizing the 10-mile wash, cow freckles, spring canyon, a fun rolly sandy jeeptrail and many other variations. i usually camp at big mesa (off hwy 313) and ride over to white wash at least a couple days. dripping springs (more or less the head of 10 mile wash) is only about 15 miles from dubinky well rd and 313. i can easily ride from camp at big mesa, do dead cow loop, and then come back on the enduro loop, on one tank of gas (husaberg 2.4 gal tank).

you'll need to either have a gps, or be able to read a topo map. the back roads between moab and white wash are all on the topo maps.

If you are headed west on I-70 the exit is before Green River.:applause:

Duh, sorry about that, it's been a few years.