Sign in to follow this  

Short report...

OK, so as some of you know I recently went orange. Thus I was asked to give a rundown on the first ride impressions. Well I can tell you all, not to try and make anyone jealous and not because I'm bias, I really did enjoy my DRZ. However, the KTM is absolutely stelar, by far the best bike I've ever thrown a leg over. One thing I was a little concerned about with this bike was the non-link suspension, but now the concern has been replaced with sheer confidence. I trully wish I could talk the wife into letting me race, as of now I feel like I'm ready for a race and would love to do it. Everything was just easier on the KTM, the suspension was smoother, the power was more responsive, it's so much lighter that is responds faster. What a huge improvement, I just love it. Now I'm not saying everyone needs to run out and buy a KTM. I'm sure there are things that I will regret eventually, like my maintenance schedule just doubled if not tripled. That and who's to say how reliable this bike is going to be compared to the DRZ. Anyhow, that is my report, peace.................:applause:

sweet, I'm wanting to add a 2 st ktm to my garage. That way I always have a bike to ride.

Have to worry about a house and then a truck first. damn reality.

Best of luck getting into racing! We'll have a new track here in spring '08 and I'm hoping SMs will be allowed on the kart track.

I really wanted to get an orange exc myself but the valve issue, oil frequencey issue and the idea that this bike really isn't made for road travel kinda changed my mind. Don't get me wrong the KTM is a great bike but all those issues and that I have a paid off great running DRZ that I can still ride to work. I guess I'm gonna keep the Z a while longer.

Everybody comments on their frequency of maintanence going up with the KTM,but in my time of owning my DRZ and reading this forum regularly I came to the conclusion that most dirt bikers have a regular maintanence schedule for their bikes,including the DRZ owners.I even started to worry as it seemed on average DRZ owners would check valve clearances often(something I didnt do),so even though the DRZ didnt need all this maintanence they got them any way just to be safe,so maybe this comment of "now you gonna spend all your time maintaining your bike" when you buy a higher performance bike isnt really valid.

the difference where as it may have been overkill on a drz,its manadatory on a ktm.

different bikes for different purpose.