Sign in to follow this  

bike desision

Ok, heres the deal im going to be getting a new bike here soon after i sell my 2002 yz426f :applause: and i have decided on KTM because my buddy has a 2006 450xc and it is very reliable and i like the way it handles. I have decided on a more all around bike rather than an mxer because I have recently decided motocross is not for me anymore. So im starting Harescrambles. Now here is the choices im debating and the things i am afraid of etc.. maybe you guys can help me make my final desision,

1) 2007 450xc or...

2) 2007 250 xc-f

I am afraid of the 250 not having enough power to satisfy me since i am used to the beastly 426.

I way about 218 im 6' 2" and i was wondering if the 450 is the only way to go power and suspension wise?

The DirtRider first empression said the 250xc-f's suspension is stiffer than the sxf's and had enough power to make alot of guys on 450's look silly, but would the 250 have to be high in the revvs all the time like the mxer's or can it be lugged around more like the 450? :applause:

This is probably the last bike i will get for a quite a while and i want to be completey satisfied with every aspect, power, suspension, handling, reliablility.. etc can anyone help me out?

I need to make a desision pretty quick so i know what i want when my dad and i talk about it.

Thanks Guys tt is great :lol:

Sorry i forgot to mention i will also do some motocross still just wont be racing it anymore i still have my mx track out in our field and a few local tracks around

Yah Ive considered about every option and im in the position where my dad wants me to get something thats going to be the way i need it out of the factory besides the basic setup stuff. It is probably going to be towards the end of march or beginning of april around my bday before ill get one but i want to be shure about my desision so ill be firm on what i want all the way up till then

that way he will have no choice but to get it and not somtheing else