What engine and trans oil to use

If you have the money I would use the 10w40 synthetic motorcycle amsoil, but what I do is use Pennzoil outdoor motorcycle 10w40 in the motor and then am going to switch over to the amsoil in the trans for better shifting. Just make sure you don't use the synthetic if your motor is not broken in yet, I wouldn't use it until atleast 10 hours of running time.

I change my oil every 3-4 hours with the pennzoil and with the amsoil it should protect your motor for around 6-8 hours, this is where I like the pennzoil b/c I can dump it out sooner b/c it is cheaper, and I think clean oil is better than older (dirtier) synthetic oil.

I wanted to know what oil to use in the 250R. Some people say use the factory oil and some say use Rotella. The people who race Honda's say just use amsoil 10w-40 snythetic in both. What do you guys think and what are you using?

We use Hinson Racing 10W40 in the engine side & Hinson Racing 80W in the transmisiion side on our CRF250R, CRF450R & TRX450R quad. All are built for MX racing.