Sign in to follow this  

tc 450

ok i have never bought anything but a japanese bike. what would be the biggest difference in a husky and also are they reliable. i have had three rmz450s and they have not been very reliable at all and that is my biggest concern. if any one has had any bad luck out of these bikes please tell me. i know stuff breaks and gets worn out but i would really appreciate and information about the husky. also the bikes i am looking at are the motocross 250 and 450 fou strokes

thanks

ms859

I have 04 tc450 and also came from japanese bike ,DRZ 400 which also very reliable ,my year had some valve issue ,I have not and husky adressed this issue in 05. I love this bike the forks frustated me during break in ,too stiff and I am 275-295 ,12 hours later there awsome still very sensitive too adjustment ,rear suspension I have never had an issue . I rode big bore two stroke for a few years before going to 4 stroke. The Husky in my opinion has best of both worlds . I am not the fastest in the world and dont rev it as much as some ,but I did research alot before leaving japanese bike the only complaint I have is dealer in Boise idaho is the best dealer I have seen ,dealer in Post Falls Idaho is a ktm dealer and it shows.

I stopped riding jap bikes in 1977 when I could afford good equipment. I have owned Euro bikes ever since and they are nothing but reliable. They come with better brakes, levers, bars and wheels etc. Stop reading the mags. They are in business for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To SELL advertising. That's it!! They have no gain is saying a Euro bike is better than a jap bike because they would lose REVENUE. Any one who believes any different is LYING or STUPID. You can pick between the two choices. As for parts availability, you can pick up the phone and the brown truck will deliver it to your door. Isn't that how we get our stuff from TT or mail order?? The phone and internet have made it so you don't need a dealer on the corner. The closet dealer for my bike (2004 Maico 500 2T) is 3 hours away by car. The next closest is in Canada. I still get parts. Go ahead, buy a Euro bike. Give it 20-30 hours to get used to it and lose all the bad habits you have from riding bikes that DON'T handle! You'll be glad you did.

Tim Brezo

My main complaint about the 04 TC is it's too skinny, I cant grip the tank with my legs that along get me tired faster than normal. Powers plenty and with only less than 20 hours on the bike the suspension is stiff as balls.. at a 165 pounds it scoots me arround the track with ease. Changing the plastics to the 07 plastics all black more for ergo than nice points.. not bad bikes so far...

Consider what type of riding you will be doing. The Husky's cone in 2 flavors, TE AND TC, and they are different. TC is a motocross bike, but is fine for woods, for a fast rider...the 250 can get a little bothersome in really tight stuff. THe TE is for woods, enduro, little heavier though. Both lines are top quality, with all the stuff you have to add to a Jap bike to get it there. But KTM is producing great bikes, with tha same quality as Husky, albeit for a higher price......We have both in our family, and they are both great.

Mike

p.s.my son (he just turned 15)rides a YZ 250, and that is one nice ride. Of all the Jap bikes, that is one that I would buy again...great forks.

I own a 05 RMZ 450 and a 07TC450.I like both the bikes. About the only thing similiar is that they are both 450's. Different torque,gearing,suspension,etc. The TC has no engine brake.The TC also starts much eaiser. I can't get my TC to steer like the RMZ but I have never rode a bike that steers as good as the RMZ. Just like any bike it will take some dialing in and some getting use to but I'm very happy with the Husky.You will be surprised how natural the bike feels.My biggest advantage with the Husky is the dealer support. Most of the dealers are crazy about these bikes. And they will do almost anything to keep it running and make you happy.The bike is under warranty which is nice.I live an hour from my Husky dealer but feel right at home. I live ten minutes from the Suzuki dealer and feel like a stranger. I did have a clutch problem but it seems to be an isolated problem.

I am also interested in a TC450. The only modern 4st bike I have ridden was my friends 03 yz450f. How do these 2 bikes compare? That bike was fun but the power was way to abrupt for me, even with a FWW. Is the TC smoother than the YZ? I ride mostly MX at Cahuilla Creek and Comp Edge and with the green sticker, I will also ride it in the desert and mountians some too. Thanks for your responses.