Sign in to follow this  

250xcf

i am getting a 250xcf after i sell my bike and i was wondering how the suspention is i wiegh 120 and am starting to race this year. the right bike for me? also pics? :applause: :applause:

Going to be stiff for 120 lbs. You'll need new springs at the least, possibly revalve although I'd try just the right springs first. You might want to consider the W as it has both softer springs and lighter valving. At 120 though you will probably need springs with the W too but the valving might be good. I find it very plush yet can take big hits without harsh bottoming. I'm 160 lbs senior A enduro but do see some track time and hare scrambles as well and I find the suspension on my W perfect for what I do. What are you going to do with the bike, trail ride, enduro, track?

Not that its a big deal and both bikes are pritty (very) close with minor differences but I have yet to see a non W bike being raced by a Pro. But then again not many of us are pro's.lol IMO the gearing is basicly the same up to 5th and the taller 6th helps on the long road and two track sections, I think the xcf would fall off the power sooner, I would recomend the xcf for say like 80% MX/SX and 20% off road. But then again theres not really enough differnce to really matter.:applause:

don't get the xcw, more expensive and it doesn't have the offset triple clamps. xcw has same rear shock as xcf. i have ridden my buddies 07 250xcf and it is a killer bike, you will like it. bottom line, you will be happpy with both, but i reccomend the xcf.:applause:

don't get the xcw, more expensive and it doesn't have the offset triple clamps. xcw has same rear shock as xcf. i have ridden my buddies 07 250xcf and it is a killer bike, you will like it. bottom line, you will be happpy with both, but i reccomend the xcf.:applause:

The off set clamps are usless as the stock offset is the best. I have to disagree as the W is the better bike for anything other than amost complete MX. The two bikes are the same price as far as i know?

i am getting a 250xcf after i sell my bike and i was wondering how the suspention is i wiegh 120 and am starting to race this year. the right bike for me? also pics? :applause: :applause:

I should have this bike next week and I too weigh 120. When I test road one a few weeks ago, the shock was amazing and the stock spring felt right. The forks were a bit stiff, so I plan on re-valving mine and putting lighter springs in. Leave the shock alone though. It's sweet!

personally i would like the benefit of having a choice with the offset. if you are going to be doing mx, trails, hare scrambles etc. the xcf is the better choice. also the xcw does cost more money.

personally i would like the benefit of having a choice with the offset. if you are going to be doing mx, trails, hare scrambles etc. the xcf is the better choice. also the xcw does cost more money.

The only place the XCF could possibly be better than the W is on a MX/SX track. Other than that the W is the better race bike for any kind of off road racing. Nuff Said.:applause: There both great bikes and not very different but the W has that little bit of (what it takes) to nudge out the XCF. This is more so true if your MX and SXing are at the novice and lower levels, at that level the difference in gearing isnt going to be a binifit anyhow.