Sign in to follow this  

Chest Protector Advice

I've been riding for 2 years now, and I think it's time I get a chest protector. I should have bought this a while ago, but I have been putting it off. One of the things I'm hesitant about is simply the fit. I've noticed there is an increase in women-specific chest protectors on the market.

So, a little advice before I buy.... I'm not really "big"- I simply wear a sportsbra under my jersey and can be pretty flat (yes- it's embarassing- I look like a little boy with braids!!!!) so is it worth it to look into the womens. I'm a small girl- i usually buy jerseys sz s, or xs if they run large. Do you prefer adult, women, or youth? Any advantages to any of the above?

Thanks for the advice. This is one thing I want to take care of this spring.

Do a search for chest protector on this forum - it's been discussed a few times before. I would say go try a bunch on and see which one you like. Good luck!

• Like 1

I am small framed like you..... i have a No Fear youth chest protector and it fits great! If anything, i would go to your local shop and try on different sizes.

• Like 1

I am small framed like you..... i have a No Fear youth chest protector and it fits great! If anything, i would go to your local shop and try on different sizes.

I thought about doing that, but for some reason the shops around here don't carry any....:applause: ....but I am NOT small framed anymore by any means....

I too need some expert advise on a chest protector....I am pushing 5'5" and 165lbs (and declining as we speak)...but I am not flat chested anymore...which poses a problem....any of you gals EXTREMELY blessed up top that wear chest protectors??? I need some advise on what to buy too!

HWILES- I would highly recommend the Acerbis Lady Fusion II for your body type. It is awsome! (I am very blessed lol)

Thanks for the advice. I've got to stop by the local dealer on my lunch break from work this week, so hopefully they will have a good selection. I always feel so lost staring at a wall of chest protectors...... :applause: Too much plastic in one place! Guess that's what the sales guys are for, isn't it!

HWILES- I would highly recommend the Acerbis Lady Fusion II for your body type. It is awsome! (I am very blessed lol)

Thanks for the advice....I'll look into those most definately!