Trail Rider vs NMA offroader magazine

How does everyone feel about the new Trail Rider magazine coverage for the NMA series. The old NMA offroader had 15 to 20 pages of off road and enduro coverage. The new Trail Rider magazine coverage is very limited, 3 to 4 pages . National exposure is great but I am more interested in our own local coverage. What do you all think ???:applause:

It is difficult to put together an Off Roader when no one volunteers to write articles or help put it together.

So true.

Unfortunately, its the biggest problem our sport has at every level.

Plenty of winers and not nearly enough doers.

I think that the NMA's section in the new mag could benefit from more pics and articles about racing. It's nice to see the poker run reports and the pics of familys having a good time but when I look at the race reports from the east coast and compare to our NMA contributions.... we look a little "milk toastie"

Now having said that, I realize that it takes volunteers to write such articles so I encourage anyone who wants to to do it.... A kid in here just posted a link to his Dirt Rider on line article covering the Hangover Harescrambles, he mentioned he was an aspiring journalism student... maybe he would like to write one or two :applause:

Either way... I like the publication now just wish we could present a little more "hardcore image" when it comes to our terrain and events. Those NE clubs and riders tend to lump us in with the rest of the West Coast when they talk about terrain and I bet that those of us that ride Reiter enuf could probably go over and hang with them no problem :applause:

So true.

Unfortunately, its the biggest problem our sport has at every level.

Plenty of winers and not nearly enough doers.

I agree 100% most people simply will not write. I have the Jones Creek web site set up so any registered user can submit news that hits the front page of the web site, it never gets used:( You would think people would use it like crazy to promote events.

Joe..........

http://jonescreektrailriders.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Submit_News&file=index

i would be willing to write articles on events i ride.

-Lincoln Hollis

Drop me a line every now and then and let me know where your riding. I would like to shot pics at a few more events this year. The Rock N Roll poker run an Nationals at Washougal are on my list for sure.

Joe............

Drop me a line every now and then and let me know where your riding. I would like to shot pics at a few more events this year. The Rock N Roll poker run an Nationals at Washougal are on my list for sure.

Joe............

yes, i will definitely do that. i really want to try hitting more races this year. The only problem is that i can't race on sunday due to church and my dad can't make it to some events on saturday's and if he doesn't go its really hard for me to get an older friend to help me sign in as a guardian. With that said... i will drop you a line whenever i am going to do an event. My family is going to the Poker run for the desert 100 so i will be covering that whether i ride in it or not.

-Lincoln Hollis

yes, i will definitely do that. i really want to try hitting more races this year. The only problem is that i can't race on sunday due to church and my dad can't make it to some events on saturday's and if he doesn't go its really hard for me to get an older friend to help me sign in as a guardian. With that said... i will drop you a line whenever i am going to do an event. My family is going to the Poker run for the desert 100 so i will be covering that whether i ride in it or not.

-Lincoln Hollis

I keep hearing about this Desert 100,, I should find out more info on the event. A buddy of mine asked me if I wanted to go run it with him???

Joe............

I'm the guy who edits and sends in the NMA section to Trail Rider.

If you figure that the TR NMA section is four pages every month that is 12 pages per quarter. Also mix in that you are actually getting the magazine instead of nothing (the biggest reason we made the change).

As far as the nature of the articles, I send in what I write and what others send in to me. I am not a racer and there is no way in the world I am going to go to the races just to report on them. Even if I were on salary (which I never will be) I work 60-70 hour weeks at my real job and I'm not spending my free time schleping off to watch races. I'll report races that are put on by CFMC because that is my club and I HAVE to be there any way.

Does this make you mad?? Sooooo, all you have to do is submit the articles and I will publish them. Don't wait for the NMA staff to give you what you want because it's not coming.:applause: Don't sit around and be a victim, take control and make something happen.

This upcoming issue has a race report by Joe McLaughlin and the following issue has a report on the Black Bear by myself. I think the issue after that will have an article on the NMA awards banquet and probably a Frostbite article by Roscoe Rainey.

Lincoln, I guarantee that I will publish whatever you submit (in one form or another). Don't feel you have to limit yourself to race reports. When I was a kid I always wanted to write for a magazine. It really IS a lot of fun. :applause:

Many people concider this the EVENT of the year.

Scone, we need to get a reporter and photographer. Can the club help out here? Really, that may be the answer - get the clubs to submit reports. The publicity generated is invaluable. :applause:

Scone, we need to get a reporter and photographer. Can the club help out here? Really, that may be the answer - get the clubs to submit reports. The publicity generated is invaluable. :applause:

This will be a issue brought up at our next meeting. I am going to try to get someone(trav)/anyone from our club to write up a article for every event that we put on.

This will be a issue brought up at our next meeting. I am going to try to get someone(trav)/anyone from our club to write up a article for every event that we put on.

trav,

i'm not from your club but my family is planning on going to the Desert 100 poker run. i dont know if i will be riding in it due to my knee injury but i was planning on writing an article for the Dez 100 anyways.

-Lincoln Hollis

I'm the guy who edits and sends in the NMA section to Trail Rider.

If you figure that the TR NMA section is four pages every month that is 12 pages per quarter. Also mix in that you are actually getting the magazine instead of nothing (the biggest reason we made the change).

As far as the nature of the articles, I send in what I write and what others send in to me. I am not a racer and there is no way in the world I am going to go to the races just to report on them. Even if I were on salary (which I never will be) I work 60-70 hour weeks at my real job and I'm not spending my free time schleping off to watch races. I'll report races that are put on by CFMC because that is my club and I HAVE to be there any way.

Does this make you mad?? Sooooo, all you have to do is submit the articles and I will publish them. Don't wait for the NMA staff to give you what you want because it's not coming.:applause: Don't sit around and be a victim, take control and make something happen.

This upcoming issue has a race report by Joe McLaughlin and the following issue has a report on the Black Bear by myself. I think the issue after that will have an article on the NMA awards banquet and probably a Frostbite article by Roscoe Rainey.

Lincoln, I guarantee that I will publish whatever you submit (in one form or another). Don't feel you have to limit yourself to race reports. When I was a kid I always wanted to write for a magazine. It really IS a lot of fun. :applause:

I need a copy of that:) I'm not an NMA member. The JC club is,,, I'll look at joining. Please send me a copy of the mag.

Joe............