How Tall Are TE Riders?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5' 9" and I'm somewhat famous in certain circles for my "come to a stop and slowly fall over" dismounts.

:applause: Welcome to the club. The 610's not really heavy until the 10th dismount on uneven ground. With the rear rack loaded with camping crap it's quite the kung fu move to mount & dismount. No, I'm not gonna lower it. I'm also 5'9

6' 6" 210 lbs. Not on a TE yet, but am looking hard at a used 570. Seems that I will have to get a taller seat, bar risers, and deeper bars to make it fit me. I swear by Fastways pegs--have them on my other two bikes.

I thought the 570 might fit me stock, but apparently that's not so.

Hey, Thanks Coffee. Good to be here.

I joined to learn about thumpers and to find out where riders in New England ride--and when. Just gotta get a thumper--til then, I am a poser Big Time. Grew up a Honda fan--abused a Honda XL350 mercilessly in Colorado in the 80s. Looking to get back offroad on a bike built for it and built for a very tall rider.

I've noticed that I get no cred here at all for riding a R1200GS Adventure and a 1981 R80G/S. In fact, the BMW GS crowd seems to take the finest of jabs. Oh Well.

5' 10.5" Honestly the bike feels very tall and although I'm getting very used to it I'm still considering lowering it.

I sit on the KTM's and they are about 2" lower and it feels good to me. Probably because I'm not an advance rider. I think they were built for the 6' guys.

Hey Tallerman: I'm 6' even on a new TE510 and it's the best off roader I've ever ridden for my size. Nice standing up. Better than the H XR650. That R80 is cool. I had a friend, believe it or not who years ago pre ran the first leg of the B to V using an old Suzuki 3cyl 2s Water Buffalo street bike, for real!

I dont know how many miles you have on it yet but after about 500 the suspension settles in a bit and you get more used to reaching. All the comp. bikes are tall these days so another make is not going to buy much in that dept. Dont do anything that will change the geometry like a lowering link or you will probably regret it.

I dont know how many miles you have on it yet but after about 500 the suspension settles in a bit

Well.... Thanks a lot! I thought I was just getting better (or taller), but NOOOOOOO. You have to go and spoil my it for me.:applause:

Stringer

I've noticed that I get no cred here at all for riding a R1200GS Adventure and a 1981 R80G/S. In fact, the BMW GS crowd seems to take the finest of jabs. Oh Well.

I'd be happy to relieve you of that no credit piece of BMW Adventure! Heck, I'd even trade you my '99 Yamaha TT-r250!:applause:

Plenty of credit from me Tallerman! I'd love to own that bike! I spend plenty of time on ADVrider.com drooling!

You think the TE is tall? I ride an '06 WR/CR250 which I believe is even taller than the TE. I am 5'7" (hey, at least I am taller than Carmichael!) so I just make sure I keep my feet on the pegs and keep the gas on. Honestly, the bike does not feel tall to me when I am riding/racing and it feels extremely secure in any terrain. I do however use a block on a gated start and a little dirt mound on the left side for a dead engine start. I also notice that at the end of a scrambles race I am normally standing along side the bike walking it to the final check point versus most guys who are comfortably seated on their bike. Other than that, I really don't mind the 37.5" seat height.

Bono

'06 Husqvarna WR/CR250

'04 Husqvaran CR 125