Sign in to follow this  

How Tall Are TE Riders?

You dont do the hole seat taper from the tank back to the fender. if you take a big hit its hard, but the bike handls better with my CG lower & alot easier to handel in the rocks. I did this for desert racing & was going to pick-up another seat fo dual sport but I road a 160mi this weekend & was fine. Ill let you know after the Mojave trail 400mi. & it was about 13/4'' at the lowest point. In othe words anyone my size go for it you love it & new foam is only 50 bucks if you dont like it

I agree, there is plenty of foam to trim out to get lower to the ground without altering the fine suspension.

I made mine into a step seat and shaved down all the way up the tank, seated hill climbs are now much easier as the step takes much of the pressure off my arms...I don't have to hang on! so much.

Ding, Ding We have a winner. I'm 5'5" and have to pick who I ride with carefully. I have issues touching the ground and can't ride with people who constantly get stuck, stop for no reason or who keep changing thier mind on the direction they are heading. As long as I'm moving the height isn't an issue but I have been known to stop and drop the bike.

I found a good link on setting sag along with verification of the proper spring in use. Based on the tech article it looks like you could favor adjustments somewhat. The $150.00 link might be better.

5'10" its alittle tall in the slow technical stuff for me. Also sometimes that stupid (I hope no one saw) drop when stopping on very uneven ground. I'm going to think about the lowering link so I can ad a little softness to the plank oops I mean seat.

6'3", both ends "Ace'd" for weight, need taller bars or risers.

TwoBurgers

6'2" totally stock seat and bars...thinking more and more about bar risers though

I'm 6'-0" and I have had a few "laugh-in" style tumbles with my TE450 on off camber surfaces (where I didn't pay attention...I dropped my foot to the ground as I stopped and reached thin air...down you go). Under way you're glad of good suspension travel and ride height.

Another quick comment on this topic, I am 6' but ride regularly with a guy who is significantly shorter. At enduros he uses a box on the line. He rode my TE450 the same way he often rides his Husky 2-strokes in the woods...click it into gear standing next to it, get it moving and then swing a leg over while moving along standing on the right side peg...Hi-oh Silver style. Of course, you have to be a pretty confident rider after that.

Another quick comment on this topic, I am 6' but ride regularly with a guy who is significantly shorter. At enduros he uses a box on the line. He rode my TE450 the same way he often rides his Husky 2-strokes in the woods...click it into gear standing next to it, get it moving and then swing a leg over while moving along standing on the right side peg...Hi-oh Silver style. Of course, you have to be a pretty confident rider after that.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but, don't you mean left peg?

Im 5'7" on a good day and have no problems with the seat height of my TE250, except when Im tired and swinging a leg over Precious can be a bit of a chore.

I am 5'9" with a 32" inseam. My bike felt tall at first - then I gassed it! :applause:

I love this thing.

Enjoy,

Jeff

http://koubalink.com/Husky%204%20Stroke.html

For those who are looking for a cost effective way to lower the seat height check out this lowering link.

I don't have one but it looks like a decent option.

:applause: :applause: BE VERY CAREFULL

On a 2007 TE 450 a lowering link requires modifying the swing arm (grinding away 1/4" or more) to make room for the spring/shock. The bellcrank that connects the link to the shock clevis may also need to be relieved.

And good luck with the grease fitting design.

I'm sure its a viable alternative for other models but.............

By far the best way is to have a good suspension shop like ESP lower the forks and shock properly maintaining the stock geometries.

You've been warned.

Hi there !

I have a 610 and not a 450. I am 5' 9". It's a tall sucker. I have to tippy toe to reach the ground. If I keep it, it's going to get lowered.

STS.

:applause: :applause: BE VERY CAREFULL

On a 2007 TE 450 a lowering link requires modifying the swing arm (grinding away 1/4" or more) to make room for the spring/shock. The bellcrank that connects the link to the shock clevis may also need to be relieved.

And good luck with the grease fitting design.

I'm sure its a viable alternative for other models but.............

By far the best way is to have a good suspension shop like ESP lower the forks and shock properly maintaining the stock geometries.

You've been warned.

I'm not planning on getting it but thanks for the heads up.