Sign in to follow this  

Clutch "Clunk"

02 Crf450r, with a full Hinson Clutch Setup, we put ASV's on it and ever since everytime we put it into gear it clunks really hard, never sone it before we put the levers on, clutch is adjusted right at the handlebars is there another spot the case to adjust?

The ASV levers have an adjustment on how far the lever is from the bars. If you set them too close you will get that hard shift into gear. :applause:

I think you can adjust the cable down where it goes into your clutch. Don't know for sure though. Ever since I put my ASV's on, mine backfires all the time! :applause:

I think you can adjust the cable down where it goes into your clutch. Don't know for sure though. Ever since I put my ASV's on, mine backfires all the time! :applause:

Check your hot start. The ASV set up is not the best for hot start set up.:applause:

Check your hot start. The ASV set up is not the best for hot start set up.:applause:

ya, check to make sure the hot startplunger is sitting fully in hte seat. If it's backfiring,that means it's running lean.

02 Crf450r, with a full Hinson Clutch Setup, we put ASV's on it and ever since everytime we put it into gear it clunks really hard, never sone it before we put the levers on, clutch is adjusted right at the handlebars is there another spot the case to adjust?

take off the clutch cover and check the clutch basket. I would bet it has started to groove. is it hard to find neutral with the bike running????