Sign in to follow this  

New Bike

Decided to buy a new KX250F - what were the major improvements between the '06 and the '07?

I'm leaning towards the '07 but I could save $1K on an '06.

Never owned a Kawasaki before...riding a CRF250R now and love it but looking for something different. I've heard great things about the Kawi 250F...are there any mechanical/reliability issues with these bikes?

Any help would be appreciated..thanks

i dont have the 07 250..but i do own the 06..and from what ive heard and read..im not sure if there was really anything major changed to the 07s?..i know some stuff was changed..but nothing major..as for me im keeping my 06 250f..and just bought a 07 450..so now i have the best of both worlds =D but i would deffintally buy a kawi..i love my 06 so much i didnt see the need to get the 07..i have it dialed in perfectly..its completly stock and has plenty of power to pull holeshots and everything..the only thing i did to it was go up one tooth on the rear sprocket..and that made a huge difference..much more repsonsive and got power to the ground much faster

i havent had any problems with my 06..nothings broke at all..after racing 2 times a week from last april to november..the only thing i replaced was a shifter lever that got bent in a crash..besides that..nothing

i wouldnt be worried about anything happening to it..just take care of it and you will love it

good luck

i dont have the 07 250..but i do own the 06..and from what ive heard and read..im not sure if there was really anything major changed to the 07s?..i know some stuff was changed..but nothing major..as for me im keeping my 06 250f..and just bought a 07 450..so now i have the best of both worlds =D but i would deffintally buy a kawi..i love my 06 so much i didnt see the need to get the 07..i have it dialed in perfectly..its completly stock and has plenty of power to pull holeshots and everything..the only thing i did to it was go up one tooth on the rear sprocket..and that made a huge difference..much more repsonsive and got power to the ground much faster

i havent had any problems with my 06..nothings broke at all..after racing 2 times a week from last april to november..the only thing i replaced was a shifter lever that got bent in a crash..besides that..nothing

i wouldnt be worried about anything happening to it..just take care of it and you will love it

good luck

What size sprocket did you change to on the rear?

What size sprocket did you change to on the rear?

I had a 49 and a 47 on my 06 Kx250F and have stuck with the 47. Its much better, The 49 makes you abuse the clutch while the 47 allows you to ride almost any track in 3rd the entire time. With the 47 you may find some corners in 2nd and 200 yrd straightaways in 4th but norm the faster riders prefer a 47 while slower riders may feel the 49 is better. I have tried them both and I am a "B" rider and have found the 47 much more to my liking.