Sign in to follow this  

Greenhorn Ride Pictures

Its owned by a rock quarry. The owner, who also rides, allows people to ride on their property :applause:

Its owned by a rock quarry. The owner, who also rides, allows people to ride on their property :applause:

Thats awsome. This is calif, uaually every ones worried about getting sued.

Yeah, the owner is pretty cool about it all. After talking to him, he just said that as long as people don't trash the place that he'll keep it open to riders.

Forum33,

Are the trails up the hill to the west of the staging area still open?

A lot of that area was posted as private property and closed off last time I was there(two years). Is Greenhorn its official name? We always called it You Bet. I had posted a question about that area a few weeks back and several people had replied that the area had been closed. Glad to see that its not. Thats some beautiful country to ride in. Just the sights alone are enough to take the drive back in there. We come from Sac. and go in on You Bet/Red Dog. That road can get really rutted and beat up after you leave the pavement. Is there an easier way in.

Thanks, Kevin

more proof that greenhorn is a retarded place to ride. Let's all go to chucky cheese and play with the Elvis man. nuthing but a pretty cool creek then sandy short hills and east of there some pretty measely single track and some doubelwides all runniug thru and around private property signs. hmmmm let's go ride there more often - Not

to each his own I guess

NICE PICTURES though. glad you had fun.

more proof that greenhorn is a retarded place to ride. Let's all go to chucky cheese and play with the Elvis man. nuthing but a pretty cool creek then sandy short hills and east of there some pretty measely single track and some doubelwides all runniug thru and around private property signs. hmmmm let's go ride there more often - Not

Seems you had a crappy trail guide. There's some sweet single-track at that place which will kick your azz.

that's what they said about Yearington too. I seen greenhorn all I need to see.

Seems you had a crappy trail guide. There's some sweet single-track at that place which will kick your azz.

I resemble that remark!

It was I that soured Bobster on G.Horn. I didn't know the trails all that well at the time, so wasn't able to show him the true singletrack/flume area up in the hills. I took him up & down the creek, and barely showed him any of the single track fearing I'd lose the three of us riding.

yzwiley - perhaps you'd be willing to guide? I *might* remember how to ride a bike. Let's see... shift lever on the left...

25feb07??? Whatcha think?!?

yzwiley - perhaps you'd be willing to guide? I *might* remember how to ride a bike. Let's see... shift lever on the left...

25feb07??? Whatcha think?!?

I'm a snob when it comes to riding with others. Sorry dude, but I only ride with my "click". Plus, I'll be at the Quicksilver this weekend trying to find where my shift lever is. One down, four up, right?

ColdCase, I was one of the three you were with. I'll be there sunday with a bunch of quadturds from work. Not much fun riding on roads all day with these guys, but going to hang out....

I've ridden the "flume" trail twice there. Fantastic ride. Dark, Tight, Water Crossings, Logs, Mud Puddles, Narly.

BOTH times the fella infront of me rode off the cliff! 1st time he went 20 yards down the hill. 2nd time different guy went only 5 feet.

Be careful. That trail has a bite. :applause:

My only question: Where is that "industrial" water trough. The one with the gate and switch. I couldn't find it the 2nd time. :applause:

Its in Norcal near Colfax.

That quarry looks really familiar. Colfax... Is it near red-dog? A little north of hwy 80?