Sign in to follow this  

Knee Question

Injury-I was playing softball and turned to avoid contect at a full run after being called off a fly ball.I felt an electrical shock radiate through my whole body for a second,but was able to finish the game.My knee felt "strange".The next day my knee was swollen to where you could not see the kneecap.I took it easy and the swelling was down after several days.

This all happened seven years ago.I can't do sports that require cutting running.I have been fine playing hockey and riding with pretty much just a forward and backwards only knee movement.I get incredible soreness from cycling or weight training.I feel a small amount of play in the joint and once or twice a year,something feels like a tiny rock gets between my joint and just floors me for a split second.My strength is very poor from standing from a squat but otherwise not too bad.

I guess my question is if any surgery can be done after such a long time from the injury.I would assume anything that tore would be all scar tissued up.

I suspect that there may be a loose chip of bone floating in the knee. If so, the knee may feel better after removal of this.