Would you sell your two stroke??

whats up all

I have an 07 yz450f that I absolutely enjoy riding. Previous to that, I was riding a 02 yz250 that was also fun.

How many people that have a 4 stroke wish they didnt sell their 2 stroke? I understand the 2 stroke will sit in my garage and probably wont get much attention. But hell, its a great bike and never failed me. If I hear alot of people saying they still have their 2 stroke, then I might as well keep it...

I know its not a big of deal but years down the line, when 2 strokes will be faded out (id assume from articles) I dont want to hear, "you shouldve kept your 2 stroke!"

I own a 04 yz450f and just picked up a 06 yz250. The yz450f is for sale. I know I know the 06-07 450s handle way better. But, this is how I look at it, 4 strokes are receiving all of the R&D so why not get one of the best built 2 strokes ever. It will probably be a bike I keep forever, and when they have perfected the 4 strokes with all the technology they are putting into them (3-4 years from now) I will probably pick another one up. But the 2 stroke is here to stay.

i sold my 03 yz 250 for an 06 450....in a perfect world i would have loved to keep the 2 stroke....it was/is absolutely the perfect bike for me when i ride the desert in western colorado. But the 4 stroke made me a better track rider.

whats up all

I have an 07 yz450f that I absolutely enjoy riding. Previous to that, I was riding a 02 yz250 that was also fun.

How many people that have a 4 stroke wish they didnt sell their 2 stroke? I understand the 2 stroke will sit in my garage and probably wont get much attention. But hell, its a great bike and never failed me. If I hear alot of people saying they still have their 2 stroke, then I might as well keep it...

I know its not a big of deal but years down the line, when 2 strokes will be faded out (id assume from articles) I dont want to hear, "you shouldve kept your 2 stroke!"

Keep it!

I bought a 200 KTM, and I'm keeping my old reliable '99 YZ400F (that I bought new in '99) . . . and I will keep tmy little 200 smudge pot too.

i sold my 98wr250 2 stroke to get my yzf i kinda wished i never but when i ride the 400 i know i made the right choice,just continuously worrying about every noise in the motor(i guess its cause im new to 4 strokes) and you cant beet the sound of a thumper

See, thats what I keep hearing.. "Dont sell it!!" After much thought, I wont sell it. You guys are right, it starts up on first/ second kick, its fun to ride, altho it wont get ridden as much as the new bike, but one day, I may want to ride it for just for the hell of it...

Thanks all!!

i sold my 03 yz 250 for an 06 450....in a perfect world i would have loved to keep the 2 stroke....it was/is absolutely the perfect bike for me when i ride the desert in western colorado. But the 4 stroke made me a better track rider.

I was in the same boat when I got my '06 450 last year... but decided to keep my '03 YZ250 as a back up bike. It doesn't get ridden much (I love the '06), but I had it out this past weekend and it is still a kick to ride. I'm glad I didn't sell it.:applause: :applause:

See, thats what I keep hearing.. "Dont sell it!!" After much thought, I wont sell it. You guys are right, it starts up on first/ second kick, its fun to ride, altho it wont get ridden as much as the new bike, but one day, I may want to ride it for just for the hell of it...

Thanks all!!

YUP good choice!! we all have a soft spot for 2st, it will be a fun bike to step on after a day on the 450, plus u will never miss a days riding with you're buddys should the 450 go big bang.....(hopefully not thou)

goodluck

i know a couple people who have 450s for the track and dunes and keep 2strokes for hitting ramps and freestyle. the lighter weight and snap of the 2 stroke powerband is much preferred in the FMX world.

Yah, I did notice that on xgames... weight, snap, etc...

All this talk makes me want to ride :applause:

No I would not, and I will not. I love my smoker - it's a totally different ride than my thumper. Sure, it's cranky at turn-in, and the suspension is like a model T compared to the thumper, but there's nothing like that instant-on arm stretching power, and the lack of torque braking that two strokes have. It will climb any hill I point it at, I don't have to change it's oil, it starts on the first or second kick every time, and it doesn't just sit there - I keep both bikes in Ocotillo during the season, and jump on both every time I go out there. Besides, if I take a buddy who is bikeless out there, then they have something to ride so we can go ride together. And if I'm changing the oil on the thumper and want to ride up to the store, I don't have to wait until I'm done. I call it the best of both worlds. And I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning...smells like....cough cough....victory. Well, like the old days anyway.

I switched to 4 stroke in 2002. I had an 02YZ250 and traded it in for an 02YZ426... I didn't think after riding the thumper I would ever miss the smoker. Well it took 5 years, but I finally got the bug! I had been so long since I rode a 2T I forgot what they were all about. Well, I couldn't resist and went out and bought one! Although its not a Yamaha, I still like it.