Sign in to follow this  

1st exotic

Well, after growing up on Honda XR's, I bit the bullet and am now the proud owner of a 2002 Vor EN 450. The bike is absolutely beautiful. It is as clean as I could expect a 5 year old dirt bike to be. The previous owner tried to dual-sport it, but California DMV said "no way." I'll give it a shot when I go to register it, but it will be a losing battle, "C" in the 8th VIN digit. I bought it to be a dirt bike, so it's ok.

Now my question is... Is there anything I should do for performance and reliability on it? I noticed JD does not have a jet kit for it, any Jetting suggestions?

What do I need to watch for?

Thanks,

E.

how much did i't cost you ?

nice choice. how did you find it ?Starting...If your dealer doesn't know how it goes like this. No Choke. No Throttle. Kick slow until the auto-compression release on the handle bar goes "click". Let the kick start to the top. Push through the entire stroke. If it did not start, try one kick with choke and then back to no choke. If that doesn't work the thing is jetted wrong. Mine is a one or two kick starter hot or cold. So is BI would also get the dealer to pitch in a set of CR bend handle bars. I just couldn't get used to the VOR bars....putting CR bars do a world of good for me. Also either drop one tooth on the ront sproket or add 3-4 on the rear for the really tight stuff.

rads.

$2800 Hope that's an ok price.

not too many for sale to compare.

It was my nephew's brother in law's. He was in an exceptionally bad street bike accident, and probably is done riding, dirt anyway.

just paid $2000 for mine 2001 en503 vor.

none around period . i got lucky and found one localy with minor issuse.

i just found former dealer teck .!!!

hand made italy.!!

i know your bike is bad to the bone!!

So Far Have Found Parts, So Not As Scared To Ride Hard.

Found Local Guy To Look At My Stator Issue .

Say's Has Rebuilt A 503 Several Times And Very Comfortable Inside.

Say's Have To Set Timing By Feel, No Set Timing Marks.

Could Just Be Off By 1or 2 Notches.

If So Party Time!

What Jet Are You Running 3500ft? 50ft?

Dell'orto Vhsb38 Qs?

Or Equilivant To.

got sand?

or mud?

revs for days unless you have rev limter.

As far as I know, the jets are stock, I also believe it was purchased new in the town I work. It came with a complete set of extra plastic, plus other extra plastics, extra decals, throttle cable, 51 tooth sprocket, a set of knobbies, plus a few other extras. Even came with the original manual. It seems to have no mechanical or physical issues, excepting a missing decommpression lever. But that's pretty cheap thru Dennis Kirk. Same as KTM.

I'm thrilled to own it, can't wait to get it out and ride. Not afraid to hurt it. Hope it doesn't hurt me. :applause:

Starting is a no brainer... electric start. I choke it, pull back on the decompression cable, no lever, hit button. 1 second later she's rumbling. Then just let it warm for a min or two, kill choke, and then she roars.

My nephew has a 2000 mx503, and that thing is the most amazing beast I have ever ridden. It's an animal. He put an aftermarket exhaust and a power valve on it. All I can say is WOW!

So have fun. Hope it smooths out for you. If I ever head north a bit, I'll send you a pm. Do the same if you want to ride in Nor Cal.