Sign in to follow this  

Installed Clarke Tank & TT Case covers... Check it out

Got the Clarke 3.9 Tank and TT Case Savers in the mail today. Both Installed With in a couple hours. No Problems at all. Only minor thing was that my seat had a few wrinkles when i re-installed it. I thought it was the tank.... but it shrank back down to normal size after an hour. I figured The seat being off the bike for a few hours made it stretch out. Check out the pics.

4bdxkxx.jpg

2z7lfrq.jpg

4ih6l1i.jpg

4gpcdbb.jpg

Nice bike :applause:

I see you put dirt wheels on your SM... but are you really going to dirty up such a clean bike :applause:

I think your bike looks real nice, especially in it's dirt mode. So what did you do with your SM wheels:goofy:

Don't forget to round off that inside corner of the shift lever. It is very sharp & could still do some damage even with the guard.

Don't forget to round off that inside corner of the shift lever. It is very sharp & could still do some damage even with the guard.

ohh didn't even think of that... thanks for lookin out!:applause:

I think your bike looks real nice, especially in it's dirt mode. So what did you do with your SM wheels:goofy:

I know this guy in washington who said he would buy them and also throw in his street bike to seal the deal!! :applause:

Looks Good! Might have to get me one. Currently I have to fill up twice every day on the weekends! Did the tank have that nice glossy look when it came, or did you do some painting?

Looks Good! Might have to get me one. Currently I have to fill up twice every day on the weekends! Did the tank have that nice glossy look when it came, or did you do some painting?

I have teh same tank on my SM..... I Hate it and I love it

Its too dam wide, I cant get up on the tank when I ride hard and it just looks weird

But then on teh other hand I keep it sitting next to my bike for when I need to go on a long ride... then Its worth having teh extra fuel capacity

Not rying to knock your bike..... Just give a review to a guy who was loking at one

Check out the pics.
Your bike looks real sharp! Did you lace the dirt rims onto the stock hubs or buy an extra set of wheels and SM rotors?

I Hate it and I love it.
I, too, have a love/hate thing for the Clarke 3.9 gallon tank.

I was real happy to get an E tank and use that almost all the time now. The Clark does look funny, especially on tight trails. OK, that sounds stupid, but that's the way I feel! :applause: Also, I don't want to carry extra fuel on the shorter rides and think (wrongly I'm sure) that gas sloshing around in the wings of the tank will affect my ability to maintain speed through turns. Wow, that sounds stupid too. But I believe it.

So the Clarke sits in the garage most of the time. But when I need to go more than 78 miles, I'm really glad I have it!

I, too, have a love/hate thing for the Clarke 3.9 gallon tank.

I was real happy to get an E tank and use that almost all the time now. The Clark does look funny, especially on tight trails. OK, that sounds stupid, but that's the way I feel! :applause: Also, I don't want to carry extra fuel on the shorter rides and think (wrongly I'm sure) that gas sloshing around in the wings of the tank will affect my ability to maintain speed through turns. Wow, that sounds stupid too. But I believe it.

So the Clarke sits in the garage most of the time. But when I need to go more than 78 miles, I'm really glad I have it!

And I though I was teh only one..... I had only read positive reviwes when I bought mine

lookin' good man! gotta love a black sm in dirt mode.

I haven't decided on an aftermarket tank yet. I like the acerbis 'E' but I'm slow and the fan is always kicking on for me. I want the capacity so it's between the ims 4 and the clarke 3.9. hmm....

Let us know what you think of the tank's ergonomics after some dirt and sm rides.

The Tank is a little Big, But I like going on long rides. Don't have to worry about running out of fuel. The tank came how it looks. I just shined the whole bike up with Mothers Back to Black. And The Dirt Rims are just a stock set of rims from a DRZ 400 S. They Bolt Right Up!

Water your lawn:p

JK, The bike looks great:thumbsup:

What Lawn? you mean my mini backyard desert? :applause:

Yeah you don't even have to take the shifter off the bike to file it down. The metal is so soft you can remove what you have to with an ordinary file in less than 30 seconds. Oh yeah your scoot looks great. Ride safe.