Sign in to follow this  

Suspension Sag settings

ok im making it obvious i dont know a whole lot of moto tuning but im getting better umm my bike is amazing right now but im always questioning my suspension i dont jump as high as id lke and stuff cuz i dont feel confident enough to jump and i heard suspension helps with this i dont have enough money right now to get it redone by rg3 or some other company right now so whats the best sag setting for the rear shock how many milimeters should it be? and how many clicks in shlud it be in both the fork and shock i weigh about 220lbs and its for my 06 yz250 i kno it has good suspension i just need to kno where it works best for desert and mx tracks latly though ive been on more mx tracks so what do you guys think?

Try this link. The post your looking for is 3 sown from the top. This is by far the best suspension advise I ever saw for my 2006 yz 250.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354136&page=2&pp=10

when i set my yz 250 to them settings ( 2005 but it could of been revalved)the rebound is that slow that when i compress the rear it takes about 3 seconds to return.

Yeah, the 05 has totally different suspension than the 06. The setting suggested where for the 06 only, although I have heard from one member that it felt good on a 07. The 07 isnt much different than the 06 though. But the 05 is a totally different animal.